Nokia E6-00 Proto Leaked Sample Photos on Picasa (and more E7 samples)

| January 4, 2011 | 36 Replies

Remember the picasa gallery of the leaked, unannounced Nokia X7? Well this is another leaked gallery of the recently rumoured Nokia E6 – of which there are no leaked photos of the device itself. The user “Imran Khan” also has sample photos of the E7-00.

It’s quite a large gallery – all low light photos. It seems, yet again another fixed focus fanfare. Why not since the bigger E7-00 also has it. The camera samples isn’t what’s exciting (they seem to suffer a lot of this low light banding effect – heck it’s major proto) – it’s the confirmation of the device in public use. Unless of course the Exif data has been modified. As mentioned in comment – What will it look like? What form factor? Being Symbian^3, is it touch? Touch Qwerty? E72 Stylie?

test-mobile says there’s 8MP with dual LED.

Via test-mobile

Cheers for the heads up, Rant!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Eseries, Leaked, Nokia, Symbian

1. Rant says:

It’s not so much the camera that’s interesting. I’m wondering what it will look like. Will we see a Droid Pro like formfactor? Or perhaps a revival of the E71/72 candybar style or will it just be a cheaper brother of the E7? (N97 Mini style)

Full-touch doesn’t seem likely since there are already enough of those in the S3 portfolio. Smaller brother of the E7 seems likely but would hurt sales of the E7.
    Most viable would be a hybrid device, smallish touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard maybe even slide out like Palm Pre and Venue Pro by Dell.

• Doug says:

It’s going to be a Droid Pro form factor. Only question is how big the display is going to be and what resolution we’ll see.

2. umar says:

looks like its a pakistani wedding, some nokia employee from pakistan must have used it !

3. Average Joe says:

How do we know it’s Symbian^3?

• Rant says:

Not sure, but most rumors seem to agree that S3 is the OS. And the source link claims that it runs v022 of S3.

• Deaconclgi says:

I can’t wait for a firmware update for the N8 and other S^3 devices! Hopefully this means the update is soon to come. I am glad that there is another S^3 device coming out, even if it is not one that I will buy, someone else will.

4. Viipottaja says:

From what I’ve heard at least some of its protos are a TS+Qwerty combo, most likely in a E72 form factor.

And, hearing that the pictures from current protos are much better. :)

• Rant says:

I hope they have it in a Palm Pre type lay-out. The Droid Pro seems unwieldy to handle in day to day life.

Palm Pre style + 3,5″ screen looks like a winner to me. If they can keep it at a reasonable thickness that is.

• Viipottaja says:

My understanding is that it is a monoblock like the E72, but not 100% sure on this.

• Rant says:

Seems logical, but where the logic ends is screen size. We know Symbian3 can work wel on a 3,2″ screen but if it is an E72 formfactor you would have a screen smaller than that.
          I don’t know how S3 is built, but can it cope with screen sizes and ratios smaller than the standard 16:9?

For the sake of apps and one common design platform it seems more likely that it will have a slideout keyboard rather than a candybar.

We will see at MWC.

• Viipottaja says:

Yup, hopefully we’ll see in MWC.

AFAIK, Symbian3 does allow for different screen sizes and ratios, but of course Nokia will try to use as few ratios as possible to make app development as easy as possible.

I’ll try to confirm the form factor of the protos. :)

• Viipottaja says:

And a slider it is.. you were right.

• Rant says:

Can’t reply to you anymore so:

@Viipottaja:
            Nice to see a ‘different’ formfactor coming from Nokia.

Hope to see it at MWC, still trying to work out what type of MeeGo stuff we will see there.

5. gordonH says:

I really hate the fixed focus trend in Nokia devices. Macro mode is a necessity for me.

6. ac says:

i wonder why no replies yet from alex!

• Rant says:

Holiday perhaps?
      E6 info would be nice from Alex, however what I’m more interested in is soma batchnumbers for the N8 to be able to determine you have a ‘fresh’ one.

7. Keith says:

I think the guy took the pics off. :(

• Jay Montano says:

uh oh! Wonder why they would post photos from unreleased, unannounced phone on public domain.

[and now you're avatar is back

I think it's linked to email address btw. Mine switches if I change my email.]

• Keith says:

Yep, Whatever it is, I’m curious to see this phone. Hopefully it’ll be released in a couple of months and won’t have an E5 form factor. I agree with what Rant said, they should probably make it Palm Pre style. That would make much more sense, plus, it might be running S3 if that is the case

Actually, I use the same email address everytime. Seems like I get my avatar back only when I reply from my computer. I’m replying from opera on my N8 right now. Let’s see if it shows my avatar….

• Jay Montano says:

No way, you can reply from Opera on N8? Which Opera is that?

I don’t really interact with pages when using opera, just viewing. At least on N8.

8. Keith says:

Well when I have to interact with the page, that is right now, then I use opera mobile. And for viewing, I use opera mini since it’s a lot faster

9. Wis says:

Hope it takes the form factor of the E5x from the “my dream nokia” section…the droid pro manage to fit a 3.2″ in a portrait qwerty bar phone…so why can’t nokia…?

10. saeedsh says:

I Didn’t see nokia E6 for ever

11. blogspot.com says:

Hi there to every body, it’s my first go to see of this blog;
    this website consists of awesome and really good data designed for readers.

12. Hello, always i used to check website posts here in the early hours in the daylight, because i like to gain knowledge of more and more.

13. It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this outstanding blog!

I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding
    your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates
    and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!