Nokia T7-00 uaprof at Nokia.com

| March 27, 2011 | 34 Replies

Yesterday we saw the new Nokia T7-00 leaked on Ovi Publisher Tools.

Today (via @chilko, aikon171 and Rant) we have the uaprof for the Nokia T7-00 confirming that it wasn’t a typo over at Ovi.

The core features are confirmed: Symbian^3, 360×640, 2 softkeys, new browser 7.3.

Category: Nokia, Symbian, Tseries

1. Eero says:

“The core features are confirmed: Symbian^3, s60x640, 2 softkeys, new browser 7.3″
    Neat screen res :D Though I presume its a typo? :D:D

2. j&j says:

cam ? 2048×1536 = 3145728 = 3 mpix ?

3. wis says:

most probably a messaging phone…portrait qwerty…with just 2 soft keys typical of touch and type…

4. j!gray says:

Ooh Nokia, again with the low reso. How can this attract new customers? To be fair, this must’ve already been in the works before ‘that’.

• Keizka says:

That low reso phone will still be just as good to use as that “neat” 800×480 (using both atm)

Come back when they go into 1280×720 territory, any of them.

• Rant says:

True, one thing I find a higher res would be usefull would be when browsing. However a good browser (sigh, Nokia) can make up for that. Smooth zooming and good text reflow and your set.

5. madmic says:

it may be the device similar to the n8 which serves for the calling all innovaters challenge.

6. Razor says:

Same nHD resolution. I wonder why nokia can’t change the resolution to wvga? Seriously why maybe because of os limitation. Even samsung’s own bada os has wvga resolution. Come on nokia fix the problem already!!!!!!

7. Viipottaja says:

C0r72r on M-R made an excellent guess it could be the leather backed C7 version Eldar mentioned a while back. Would make sense to me. T could even mean Trend(y). :)

8. 352x416 says:

I think Nokia chose nHD because it is a full round multiple of full HD. Which makes scaling work a lot better for HD or Full HD videos. In the S^3 emulator there was nHD Portrait and Landscape and VGA. However Nokia could probably use a different resolution if they wanted. They did with Nokia E60 and Nokia N80 at 352×416. AT about 250PPI it was not bettered until HTC started doing VGA and WVGA screens and the Iphone 4. Apparently Sony put a 1280 x 720 lcd into a HD video camera viewfinder of 3″ giving a PPI of about 450. Imagine a S^3 with dual core A9 with a 1280×720 3″ display?

• Goc says:

I agreed with everything up to the 3″ display.

• 352x416 says:

The problem with 1280 x 720 is that it is not a neat multiple of full HD it is 2/3.

I think a CBD 4″ qHD (960×540) would be great.

The problem would be changing the resolution in S^3.

9. 352x416 says:

Not that Nokia would do that. The phone would be a couple of thousand dollars to buy.

10. aikon171 says:

I find two different version HTML files of T7-00.
    The newer one indicates that T7-00 is a TD-SCDMA smartphone! I hit it!
    Here’s the picture and link: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1036914539

11. แก๊ป says:

เป็นยังไงฝาพับ อยากเห็น nokia มีฝาพับจัง – -*

12. Kaiba says:

What about the E6? When will it be released?