I find this incredibly useful – when checking the time, I can just glance without unlocking. It will also show any notifications, like missed call or new messages. At night or first thing in the morning, there’s no struggle to find my phone as there’s light shining just where the numbers are showing. Being AMOLED this doesn’t eat up too much battery (though you can completely disable v. quickly by putting in power saving mode). I really miss this and find the plain black screen annoying on my Omnia7.
Nokia Beta Labs are taking this always on screen a little further with “Nokia Sleeping Screen”. Check out the whole family of Symbian^3 devices with it.
Nokia Sleeping Screen makes your phone stand out from the crowd by painting beautifully crafted images on the sleeping screen.Advertisements
It is not only about aesthetics – Nokia Sleeping Screen is highly useful, too. With just a glimpse you’ll be able to see missed calls, unread text messages, and reminders presented with clear icons and animations.
Nokia Sleeping Screen gives you an enjoyable view to sleeping phone while it maintains the battery operating time of your phone.
Available for Symbian^3 phones, such as C6-01, C7-00, N8-00, and E7-00. Nokia Sleeping Screen has been verified on latest S^3 SW versions and is known to work with the latest Qt versions 4.6.4 and 4.7.2.
Nokia Sleeping Screen is a product of Nokia Research Center.
* Personalization by selecting the appearance of the phone.
* Time & date always visible with a glimpse of the phone.
* Rich visual notifications of missed calls, sms, and calendar events.
* Night clock mode setting to dim the appearance for night period.
* Very clear battery charging indication with animation.
* Low power consumption, decreased even further by turning screen off when phone is covered, for example in a bag or your pocket << Nice.
Cheers Adam and blackidea for the tip!