Nokia’s next steps in Transformation – Nokia Building team for Future disruption (and ramping down MeeGo/Symbian)
Steps in the transformation of Nokia are taking place.
1) Employee shuffle and lay-offs. 4000 employee reduction (from 65,000 world wide, not including NSN) by the end of 2012. This includes 1,400 employees in Finland.
2) Reductions to take place in phases until 2012, linked to roll out of planned products and services.
3) Reductions will have greatest impact on Symbian and MeeGo R&D
4) 3000 employees planned to transfer to Accenture to continue delivery of Symbian and Software development.
5) Consolidation of R&D sites so they have a clear strategic role and mission. Consolidation will supposedly increase speed and accountability as Nokia ramps up capabilities and competence development on each site.
6) Transformation at Nokia ramping up. Increasing capacity for the development of Nokia Windows Phone smartphones and increasing development in Mobile Phones (the next billion) and building a team on future disruptions. MeeGo love volume down, something big in the future building up?
7) Finding jobs for the employees laid off quickly and responsibly. McDonalds?