More Symbian Belle Screenshots again (new browser multitab view?)

| August 1, 2011 | 26 Replies

Good Morning folks. Apologies for the down time earlier. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of traffic, so I’m not sure what caused it. I don’t know if it was a timely message to our host or just coincidence but things seem to right themselves after contacting them.

Anyway, I’m sort of scared to post this as this Belle stuff might have caused the outage. But I’ve been itching to post it since I read it last night.  First, hopefully you might have seen yesterday’s post on Belle.

Here are some additional things to look at that didn’t get posted. These were found on an Arab Mobile Forum, aptly named .mobile4arab.com (cheers to j.jhon for the find)

1) The browser multitabs?

I don’t know if this is bookmarks view OR hopefully, multitab view when having multiple browser windows open.

Currently it’s a linear organization, like multitask view on S^3. I would have prefered something like Maemo 5 or Windows Phone implementation. Actually if this is tabbed view, it’s very much like WP. You have your quick tab button in toolbar, and then you have a 2×3 grid of quick press icons. Does that also mean it can now open more than 3 tabs (the E6 I had could only manage 3)

I’m hoping it is multitab view as it seems to have a download window open.

2. The Dialler

It changes again here. Now you have a big massive green call button spanning the width of the phone.

3) The Music Player

Shuffle, repeat and options now on the bottom tool bar.

4. The menu view

This is with custom icons. Note the bottom toolbar again.

5. Messaging

There’s a back button, send and add attachment.  As always, back is in a consistent position.

There are more screenshots at mobile4arab.com these are just the ones that are new to me. Note, the lists that are right-aligned are because the language is set to Arabic.

Source: mobile4arab. Thanks to  j.jhon for the tip

Note, someone else has given us tips to screenshots of belle before but that site required registration so we didn’t see the images.

Category: Nokia, Symbian

Sites That Link to this Post

1. New Symbian Belle screenshots leaked | The Recent News | August 1, 2011
  1. Paul Grenfell says:

Different dialler to what i saw elsewhere..which was same as Anna, only bigger.

2. foo says:

The browser is different in this one. Check the icons.

3. JCRS says:

This icons and ui seem to be the final, those pics mentioned above in note, a guy got the fw for his n8, so he’s running belle as we’re talking, the icons are the same in the browser pic, and the calling screen.

• Zak says:

I hope symbian belle gets leaked :D damn! I’d be all over it and I’ve already flashed the leaked Symbian Anna onto my N8, and to be honest I’m underwhelmed =/ This symbian Anna looks great and hope runs great too.

• Dofo says:

If belle leaks, I’ll give my right nut to flash it onto my n8.. Even if it’s just to see how well it runs on n8 processor.

• SGean says:

Isn’t it damn risky? As in you won’t be able to downgrade after an upgrade right? What if the leaked belle came with a few major flaws?

4. Slayer says:

there are some serious leaks coming from the ME, to be exact from Jordan….

I hope we get it soon

5. Joshua Williams says:

If you look carefully, they are incorporating all the good stuff in Nokia Maemo or Meego into Symbian.

I personally don’t like that , it shows how much Microsoft(selop) hates Linux, there is no need to take from Linux into another platform or into Symbian and not allow the Maemo or Meego to go on it own.

I think Meego is good and also it can stand on it’s own.
    Look the at dialer picture that is the dialer on N900 or Nokia Maemo.

It is apparent that Microsoft(selop) controls Nokia and everyone knows about Microsoft hatred for linux, so under Microsoft(selop) Meego/Maemo won’t fly. it is a pity that you have to put some thing that can get you good money into the back backbencher thinking that it would save you later when they product you want to shove down people’s throat does not go thru.

• N00-00 says:

Well, the look of Symbian Belle was designed for the migration path Nokia initially had which revolved around Qt. Meego was supposed to take over Nokia smartphone platform in the mid and high end with Symbian taking the low end.

6. Usedtolovemeegoandnokia says:

This better come out before the N950 rom gets dumped and porter to a SGS or something similar.

7. delanz says:

reading about Nokia and symbian news makes me happy again :-). It really makes me feel reading about true Nokia story

• j says:

well i also feel good about nokias future. ignoring the small wp issue. nevertheless i bought nokia shares after seeing the n9. no risk no fun.

8. et3rnal says:

the person who leaked the photos says he’ll upload a video by 2moro as well :)

yaaaay cant wait

9. Bharadwaj says:

Surprised that there are more than 3 tabs on the belle browser.. In Anna, there is a hard limit of opening only 3 tabs ( windows, according to Nokia )

Maybe it’s the history laid out in a different way ?

10. Sun Down says:

Leaks be damned. I HOPE Belle will be an available OTA update for Anna phones.

11. Luisito says:

The more I know about Symbian Belle, the more I wanna try it… Its a fact that actual lineup of Symbian ^3 devices will get belle

12. manya says:

first give us pr2.0 then give us a big dream

13. Marco Celis says:

Heey Symbian belle on N8 check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWP2A7bEiFg

14. Nepster says:

U all gusy now s60v5 can have belle look. My c5 03 looks exactly like belle u just need 3 softwares…

15. Nepster says:

U all guys, now s60v5 can have belle look. My c5 03 looks exactly like belle u just need 3 softwares…