Nick Rolls, creator of the fanastic File Manager app for MeeGo Harmattan, Nokia N9, emailed us to share news that he’s got an update ready with lots of new improved features.
Thought I’d give you a heads-up on the new version of my app File Manager for the N9. It’s about to go into Store submission once I get my translations back and has a few new cool features since the previous one:Advertisements
- UI changes (hidden files are partially transparent when shown, menus re-organised, and more)
- Faster scrolling
- Settings moved to their own integrated control panel in MeeGo OS’s Settings app
- New advanced mode with some extra ‘techie’ features:
- Browse the root filesystem (now disabled by default)
- Open a terminal at your current folder (Developer mode must be enabled)
- Download a file to your current folder, including NFC support (scan an NFC tag containing a URL with File Manager open and it will automatically download — even if advanced mode is disabled)
- Set the current folder as your home folder (the folder to open whenever you start the app)
- About five new languages
- Some back-end changes to help pave the way for the new cloud and archive support
The version I’ve sent you isn’t quite finished so you may come across a bug or two. Once I have fixed these and submitted the app, File Manager will be officially out of Beta.
I’ve attached a few screenshots of the new version to save you time, as well as the installer so you can give it a go yourself.
Below are Nick’s screenshots.
Here’s his app for download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QAEPMSH0