Apparently, Nokia and Microsoft’s budget is a little more than that…$200M USD. What’s more, it’s just for USA, currently its most crucial market.
In the market we’re in, good products can still wither and die if consumers have no idea it exists. Nokia needs to give their devices presence, clarity, desirability. Simple, basic common sense advertising stuff that unfortunately Nokia hasn’t really understood until recently. There’s going to me more engagement with tech enthusiast, more work with retail to EDUCATE sales people on Windows Phone so they can effectively inform consumers, hey Nokia Windows Phones exist and they’re pretty good to use and are a decent alternative to Android and iPhone.
There will apparently be sales incentives of around $10-15 per handset sold.
Apparently on AT&T, Nokia’s marketing budget vs MS is 2:1. Well, it is going to be Nokia’s product.
Thurott has more details he’s apparently had for weeks, but he doesn’t want to spoil the official announcements at CES. It’s just like before he apparently wanted to set the record straight due to, ” simply parroted between all the gadget blogs and then, inevitably, to the increasingly lazy mainstream news as well. So let’s at least get it right.”
Cheers all for the tip!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nokia Lumia 900 Release Date And Price Confirmed By AT&T | New Notebook | March 26, 2012
- Highly Anticipated New Smartphone To Sell For 0 | USA Press | March 26, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 900 Release Date And Price Confirmed By AT&T | March 27, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 900 Release Date And Price Confirmed By AT&T - TechLoad | March 27, 2012
- WATCH: Nokia Rips Apple In New Internet Ads | USA Press | April 3, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 900 Ads Jab At Apple’s iPhone In ‘Smartphone Beta Test’ Videos - Moneymentos » Moneymentos | April 3, 2012
- Knowledge Management » Blog Archive » Nokia Lumia 900 Ads Jab At Apple's iPhone In 'Smartphone Beta … | April 3, 2012