On the official press release for the Nokia Lumia 900 they note some of the benefits of the 900. What a turn around it is for Nokia, not only to have a high end device subsidized on a US carrier, but also to list as one of the features to boast, a front facing camera. Again as I’ve said before, we’ve got Jobs and iCrew to thank for that. It does look to be a decent one. At least Nokia are getting the point of promoting things, even if they are a little mundane.
Anywhoo, I rambled there. On the press release it said that there were a few Nokia exclusives. The ones of most interest are the EA games.
- A partnership with EA to bring over 20 of the world’s most popular games to the Windows Phone marketplace, coming first to Nokia Lumia devices
The press release is here: http://press.nokia.com/2012/01/09/nokia-and-att-introduce-the-new-nokia-lumia-900-on-atts-4g-lte-network/
Here’s the snippet of the end part of it.
The Nokia Lumia 900 benefits from a range of leading content experiences:
- The AT&T U-verse Mobile** app lets U-verse TV subscribers browse the U-verse TV program guide, schedule and manage their DVR recordings, and watch hit TV shows while on the go. The U-verse Mobile library includes more than 100 TV series and more than 700 TV shows from a variety of genres.
- Nokia Drive, available to download from Windows Phone Marketplace, provides free voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation with a dedicated in-car user interface that turns the Nokia Lumia 900 into a GPS navigation device.
- The exclusive ESPN sports hub is pre-loaded on Nokia Lumia smartphones, and provides a one-stop sports application for news, videos and scores.
- The CNN App for Windows Phones provides the latest news and video from CNN’s reporting around the globe and direct access to iReport, CNN’s participatory news community. Launching globally for free in the next month, the CNN App will be exclusive to Nokia users for 90 days.
- The Univision App will be exclusive to Nokia Lumia users in the U.S. and Puerto Rico for 18 months, delivering unique and exclusive Spanish-language content experiences, including Univision entertainment, sports and soccer coverage, plus news, cooking and local content for different U.S. markets – all in one App.
- A partnership with EA to bring over 20 of the world’s most popular games to the Windows Phone marketplace, coming first to Nokia Lumia devices.
“Nokia and AT&T worked hand in hand to bring the Nokia Lumia 900 to market. Our powerful 4G network really amplifies the benefits of the Nokia Lumia 900. Sharing high quality images and videos with its integrated social networking functions is faster than ever; content from U-verse Mobile is more enjoyable on the crisp 4.3-inch screen, and with its huge battery people can do more without worrying about recharging,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president of devices for AT&T. “Together, we are working to supercharge the ecosystem around the Nokia Lumia 900 and the Windows Phone platform.”
*Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. 4G speeds delivered by LTE or HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul, where available. Deployment ongoing. Compatible data plan required. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more at att.com/network.
**U-Verse Mobile: Access to select content requires qualifying U-verse TV plan or monthly subscription fee, and WiFi connection and/or cellular data connection. Available content may vary by device and/or U-verse TV subscription and is subject to change. Data charges may apply.
Cheers Oh Hei for the tip!