Here’s Lucy Hedges from the UK StuffMagazine giving a quick review of the Nokia 808 PureView. Whilst you might stop listening once the disappointment of Symbian is mentioned, Lucy gives PureView quite a good explanation. Much better than I had expected.
- Whilst overall pleased with the camera, ‘no denying the quality of these snaps’, Lucy mentions that it’s a shame there isn’t better image stabilisation.
- Camera UI wise is apparently over complicated outside of auto. (I can sort of agree, there’s some further refinement that could be done.)
- Camera wise, it’s next gen stuff but else where is less impressive.
- S^3 apparently feels like an older version of Android – but feels unfinished, refusing to respond with glitches never far away.
- Music brilliant, music player buggy.
- Browsing sluggish, text rendering jagged on nHD
- Bright colourful screen
- Thick phone
- Pro for HDMI and NFC
- If you thought the megapixel race was over, think again.
- Super modern camera bolted on remarkably outdated OS.
- Same comment as all other reviewers – they want this camera in a Lumia. Shame Nokia’s too slow to get this done in time, eh.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Stuff Magazine’s videoreview of the Nokia 808 | PureView Club | August 14, 2012