Janne’s back now discussing a popular topic amongst Nokia and non Nokia fans. How does the Nokia Lumia 920 (with PureView) stack up against Nokia 808 PureView. Janne checks out tweets by Nokia’s imaging Guru, Damian Dinning, to explain the differences with experience and knowledge of both devices.
Since this is a hot topic on MNB (http://mynokiablog.com/2012/09/06/pollbattle-of-the-pureviews-lumia-920-vs-808-pureview-which-do-you-prefer/), let’s see what The Man says.
On Twitter Nokia’s camera guru-in-chief Damian Dinning (https://twitter.com/PhoneDaz) explained the different benefits of Lumia 920 and 808 technologies:
“Received lots of questions this week re #PureView #808 vs #920. Going to need to do this over a number of tweets, here goes…
1. in situations where camera movement is not an issue #808 will provide more detailed images with less noise due to oversampling…
1….where camera movement is evident for either stills (typically low light) or videos #920 will be better due to OIS
2. In low light if devices are handheld and used in auto #920 will be better due to OIS – no blur and brighter images.
2….if #808 is used in night mode or manual ISO allowing speeds to 2.7secs and supported it will provide better images due to oversampling
3. In video, for most people, due to OIS you’ll get smoother looking videos with #920
3. #808 however in video does provide lossless zoom oversampling due to high res sensor
4. in terms of audio recording, the difference is mono in the #920 vs #808 which is stereo.
5. #808 due to high res sensor has lossless zoom in stills and as already mentioned also in video.
6. #920 thanks to the new capabilities of the #WP8 platform can use ‘lens’ apps. This allows greater extension of the camera capabilities
6….you’ll see this at launch with some cool lenses from #Nokia such as Smart Shoot and Cinemagraph, wih more to come in the future”
Note: Apparently the concensus on audio is that 920 indeed has the high-volume rich recording of 808, but in mono only instead of stereo.
The 920 is a smartphone with a really good camera. The Nokia 808 PureView is pretty much an uncompromising cameraphone. Different people will have different needs.
About the Author (Author Profile)This account is for the stories readers from MNB submit to tips(at)mynokiablog(dot)com as ready to publish articles. Email tips(at)mynokiablog(dot)com if you have a Nokia related story you've written that you'd want to share with MNB's readers. For more information, check out http://mynokiablog.com/tips/ Tips/Guides/Rules for commenting: http://mynokiablog.com/2012/05/29/commenting-help-tips-guides-and-rules/
Sites That Link to this Post
- 41MegaPixel - der Pixelwahn in seiner Superlative - Seite 14 | September 8, 2012