Video: New Improved WP8 emoticons, new apps, OTA update

| November 2, 2012 | 18 Replies

First up, here’s a look at the re-organized emoticons available when typing on WP8 (text/email/tweeting/browser/whatever).

Notice that instead of a big list, they’re organised into these tabs (are tabs metro?) that make it easier to see more emoticons of different types and a much wider variety too.

As mentioned, not a major feature but lots of small improvements that improve user experience.

Next up, an early look at some of the new apps.

Here’s MetroTube, currently available for WP7 but tweaked for WP8

Finally, OTA updates for WP8. This will allow you to do this over WiFi or cellular. I’m gonna stick with PC updates. As seen in the video, the update didn’t work. A known error was mentioned. I hope it actually works in future.

by  of WPC

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Andrew_b says:

Black 820 sim-free £379 @ Carphone Warehouse UK including wireless charger.

2. krishna6233 says:

alphanumerical keypad available??or only qwerty??

• Shane says:

I read that d.versus review, it’s far from being a competent “review”, yet fanboys are already clinging to it.
      I’ll wait for comparos from sites that know what they’re talking about, & I’m I’m not even a massive WP fan…

• Dave² says:

Look at the ‘lights down’ sample in the cnet link.
      See something off with the flash, or is it just me?

3. DULLEThP says:

Danish concept, and advertising for Lumia 920th

4. Sonny says:

can anyone please tell me if you can buy apps on WP marketplace using operator billing? or must you have a credit card? please

• Grendell says:

Currently dont think so. At least not in southeast asia. This is definitely something that would be popular with countries with substantial prepaid subscribers.

5. danny says:

u using fake lumia shame on u

6. FgF says:

are the new emoticons compatible with the iphone emoji?

7. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article!
    It is the little changes which will make the biggest changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!

Here is my homepage – clash of clans cheats, http://www.youtube.com,