Nokia Lumia 920 launching in India today? Update: Hands-On Event for Bloggers

| December 22, 2012 | 21 Replies

We got a tip from Krishna Sarma saying that the Nokia Lumia 920 is launching in India.

Nokia india hindin abt the launch f Lumia 920 in india.

It is 9:20 in the morning and the weather is sweet.

Do you feel the excitement in the air? Something special coming your way… Pretty soon!

This is confirmed by Nokia India’s official twitter which mentions 9:20 in the morning. It was rumoured that the Nokia Lumia 920 (and 820) would appear around first week of January 2013. Launching now makes that possible.

Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 07.22.25Cheers Krishna for the tip!

Michael: Update: It is not the launch of the devices as such, it is simply an event for the media. Bloggers will be getting treated with hands on time with the devices, as well some demos of the tech such as OIS, etc.

Category: Lumia, Nokia

Sites That Link to this Post

1. The Windows Phone Thread - Page 14 | December 22, 2012
  1. correct says:

Early launch, amazing!

I bet the Portico update for unlocked and international 920s will arrive earlier than February 2013, and then whiners and trolls will have nothing to say.

2. StefanP says:

The availability per country will be worsened again. Wouldn’t it have been a good idea to serve the pre-christmas demands first? Does it make sense to launch early, but with a handful of devices only?

• JGrove303 says:

More global interest beats meeting demand. Always wanted plus richer development community helps the market share grow. Especially if something greater is on the horizon.

3. Adeel Mirza says:

Is it available in Delhi? If yes I will buy it today evening.

• mamuneeb says:

Though Nokia lumia 920 has great hardware, it has a very poor OS. WP8 is like a beta version. It has got lot of problems. Please don’t waste you money on this device now. It may take at least an year for Microsoft to make WP8 complete OS.

4. Its not a launch! It was just a hands on.

5. sun says:

what about 620??? make it early release too please…….

6. Nikhil Sethi says:

11th jan is the date.. 620 also coming in the fourth week of January!

7. Deb says:

Hi I purchased Nokia E7 one and half years back. Can I replace Nokia e7 for Lumia 920? I will pay the discount price, Nokia india will ask, is there any such kind option available?

I have doubt about that, still thought why not ask in the forum.

Thanks