In their Camera Phones episode, the Gadget Show (UK) includes the unequivocally best camera phone in the universe, The Nokia 808 PureView. I’ll be disappointed if the camera receives anything other than adulation.
They’re wondering which camera phone is able to fullfil your camera needs. Urgh, the 808? If not that, then the N8?
- “41…yes 41MP camera.”
- ‘Feels so much more like a camera than the other two”
- “One thing this has that puts it in a class of its own is the flash” – “oh that is a good flash” Yes. Praise the xenon. “It’s a xenon flash. It’s the REAL Deal!” And the huge sensor.
- “It also has Carl Zeiss – the quality claimed to be similar to a DSLR”
- They found the resolution really low and poor.
- Next was a high speed test.
- “The Nokia produces some excellent 1080p footage, as you’d expect from its mammoth 41MP camera” Looks much better than the HTC with “stabilisation”
- “There is no doubt that the Nokia’s camera is excellent, impressing us in tests”
- “But it’s supposed to be a phone with a camera, than a camera on a phone and on that front it’s a bit of a let down. At the same price, you’re stuck on clunky Symbian” :/
- If you want a snappy smartphone, stay clear of the Nokia :/
“Which PHONE can fill your camera needs”
“The Nokia is the BEST camera phone”
“Stay away from the Nokia”
Odd conclusion. They disliked Symbian so much to ignore their own test conclusion. Well, let’s hope Nokia can shoe horn this into Lumia. Though I bet they’d still find something or another to complain about.
Cheers Grazy for the tip!