My Dream Nokia #80: Slider-Tilt QWERTY Aluminium Nokia Lumia Concept

| January 14, 2013 | 21 Replies

Nokia_slide_QWERTY_concept_1-490x398

Instead of having a nice long sleep prior to exam, the 808 decided to wake me up with its low battery chime (I’m a light sleeper on exam days). But what nicer thing to wake up to than a nice new concept Nokia that makes me reminisce about some older ones. This one takes us back to the delightful N97 form factor (which was brilliant, not the actual use of it) that we saw later with the N97 mini, E7 and N950 (the latter of which showed how nice this overall form factor is with a useable, friendly UI)

Nokia_slide_QWERTY_concept_2

My Dream Nokia #80 is said to have a 4.5″ display that tilts out and partners with a slide out keyboard. The back is said to feature ‘Dual Xenon’ even though it’s LED. There’s also a 10mp camera with PureView. Oh yeah, the whole thing is Aluminium too.

Nokia_slide_QWERTY_concept_3

The front design is somewhat (very :P) iPhoney. But then again, I remember folks confusing my N97 at the time for an iPhone. Heck, people confuse my N9/800/900/920 for an iPhone. I guess any rectangle slab with round corners and a screen is iPhone.

When closed or from behind, it reminds me much more of the N97 more than anything. But from front view and in two separate halves, it just looks like a sliced iPhone 5.

I’d be more up for this form factor if it was more Fabula, no?

4B

Source: Concept-Phones

Cheers ms.nokia  for the tip!

Category: Concept, Dream Nokia, Lumia, Nokia

1. Simo says:

Umm.. thanks for putting a Nokia logo on an iPhone? I’ll pass.

2. spitfireee says:

Looks more like the samsumng galaxy sIII
    I’ll pass

3. jass says:

i think its great!! i do have or had a n97 once.. its was great for web browsing, even texting, even type faster than touch screen qwerty keyboard..

4. Shaik Rasool says:

Nokia will be sued by Apple like Samsung if they use this design

5. rogene says:

very iphone-ish… even the location of the simcard is very iphone.i guess you want an iphone and nokia collaboration.

6. Chris W says:

A few comments saying it looks too much like an iPhone, where first thing it reminded me of was the N97.

7. Banderpop says:

I like it. Yes, it’s a bit iPhoney in most of the views, but not when open or from the rear.

I think it missed a trick though. I’d like to see that screen use a transparent OLED panel. And, I am of the opinion that touch screen keyboards are almost as fast to use as physical keyboards now. Perhaps that area could be repurposed? For example, make the phone smaller (4 inches maybe), but use the keyboard area to extend it to 5+, without the device normally looking like a phablet?

8. Law says:

Wows I like it still. But I can’t stop loving n950, anybody have a silver one, please can I buy it off you!!.

9. ms.nokia says:

needs marko’s fabula touch,
    the split keyboard design and clear glass is awesome.

10. JGrove303 says:

Leave the chrome at home. Lose the rounded corners. Make the white fatter and brighter.

full QWERTY plus dual xenon & ver. 2 PureView? Half inch thick flagship won’t sell

11. Han... says:

Designed by Apple in California -_- :)

12. Reischmann says:

Yes, this thing looks nearly like the right thing.

Windows Mobile Operation System would not be necessary, but a display with 4,5″ or 5″ with a real physical manual, this would really be fine.
    It might be possible to use it as phone, but the real purpose would be an absolut minimum PC with nnearly all possibilities of a big one. And I don’t believe that tabletts will be carried around for a long time, but this part will fit in the pocket of most jackets.

13. Allawi says:

Man, I really like the keyboard. I used to have nokia e7 and it was really nice. Nokia should take these designs seriously and do something.

14. rustyknight17 says:

Yes definitely IPhoneesque / GSIII . But my major issue here is WP8 , if they improve it , then I`d consider this !

15. nokiaman says:

please don’t mention the unmentionable again (N97) I hate that thing with a passion

16. Mutumba Sowed says:

Sorry… This is already an Iphone 5. It sucks

17. Gidon says:

I’ll take two!! This is a proper successor for my HTC 7 Pro :)

18. moldir says:

wow! i like it! does this phone really exist?? if so, where can i find information about it?? m?? thanks

19. Angelina says:

Loved it! Exactly how I’d want my phone to be! ..sigh..