This is possible one of the better headphone reviews I’ve seen lately, namely because it has a well thought out approach that includes an audio technician that would be one of the highest authorities for listening to a pair of headphone.
It’s nice to see that scale that compares other headphones/earphones and it was neat to have (almost) a little lecture on different aspects of listening pieces.
Now Purists instantly balk at anything Monster related, so where will the Purity Pros end up?
- Good isolation from outside noise (thanks to being over ear, closing off the outside vs on ear)
- Good pressure but not too heavy on your ear (my Beats studio pros hurt like hell after 45 minutes use)
- Good bass response
- Very happy listening to this one
- Look awesome (yeah they do!)
- They said it was really good, and place it 4/5 on the audio scale
Not bad at all considering folks think Monster is bad for sound (well they still might, but they’re not awful, at least not for the general public – they’re targeting the same people who think Beats are nice, and we all know that’s really just for fashion :p). They’re not as good as the best headphones sound wise – they’d call it semi-pro BUT as good as (I can’t hear what they said). Finally though they’re not as good as the one they’ve put on top, they say that unlike the Purity Pros, there’s no BT, NFC, No microphone and they look like s***.
Did I mention I really want one? Yellow pleeease