Upload to SkyDrive update available for Nokia N8? Other Nokia Belle and S60V5 too?

| March 21, 2013 | 12 Replies

skydriveA few of our readers have been commenting that their Nokia N8s have been getting another update called “Upload to SkyDrive”

Kale said:

My Nokia N8 got today update: SkyDrive. You can upload your addres book and/or your photos straight into your SkyDrive account. You cant chose which photo or contact you upload, it’s all or nothing.

FireDragon said:

Off the topic: I have got an update on my N8 called “Upload to SkyDrive”.

I checked back on our tips and one that got missed 9 days ago was reptile who said:

US Variant Nokia N8 (059C8T6) just got SkyDrive!

Another US user,  beelzebbub, 10 days before commented

My Nokia N8 in the USA has a new update “Upload to SkyDrive” but the description refers to a Lumia phone – anyone else get this?  Should we bother or is it just for Lumia phones?Thanks

I think Ali replied to him indicating it might have been an old update (though that’s for 808).

That’s actually quite an old update; but very useful. Check it out over here:

I had a look at some user tweets and apparently other belle devices and even S60V5 devices are getting this update.

Category: Applications, Nokia, Symbian

1. gajomau says:

I’m seeing is a beta labs app for 5800, 5530, 5230, 5233.. –>http://betalabs.nokia.com/blog/2013/03/21/New-beta-trial-Upload-to-SkyDrive-for-Nokia-5800-5530-5230-5233

on my n8 so far i have no update for that..

2. beelzebub says:

I ended up d/l it – haven’t used it but it’s nice to have another colorful icon app to look at lol. I am glad that we are still getting updates for the relatively dead Symbian.

3. Felipe says:

The skydrive on the 808 is different from the n8 version, on the n8 version it doesnt have all this options, just image size ://

4. Hari says:

For some reason, the US variant Nokia N8 still did NOT get Belle Refresh Update….Any idea, why is this??

5. SaDudE says:

I installed this yesterday, this is great as I no longer have to hook up my N8 to my PC, it will all just go to skydrive when wifi is avaialable :-)

6. helpme says:

I accidentally uninstalled the Skydrive-Update from my 808.
    I cannot reinstall it by using the SoftwareUpdate or theNokiaSuite.
    Anyone has an idea how to get it back?
    NokiaSupport could not help me.

7. crazyeddie says:

i got this update yesterday. now i have the useless options to upload all pictures and contacts to skydrive. i want the automatic upload of new pictures to skydrive back! the new one is useless if you use exchange active sync for contacts.

8. Gonzo says:

I have switched back to the old version, i want the automatic upload of new pics via wlan.