MyDreamNokia #85: Transforming Jet Fighter Nokia (N9)

| March 31, 2013 | 8 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 16.45.16This isn’t the most practical thing in the world, but it’s definitely one of the coolest. No stranger to transformer phones, Nokia transformers have actually been in blockbuster movies (Hey N93i).

This Nokia, fabula design with no WP buttons at the bottom (so not lumia, unless it’s a lumia sans wp buttons – I’d like that) transforms into a jet fighter.

Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 16.45.31

Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 16.49.20The main iconic fabula centre-piece is so sleek, no?

OLIVE GREEN STUDIO(NOKIA) from Ibtikar Design on Vimeo.

Category: Concept, Dream Nokia, Nokia

1. v.s.i says:

Lumias without the 3 buttons should show up some time, hear that Belfiore & co.? Maybe not as standard but just to show what’s possible. Would you mind a 4.7 inch screen in a Lumia 920 body with on-screen buttons? I know I wouldn’t :P

• Jay Montano says:

I’d love me some on screen buttons. The search button is useless for me now it’s no longer a contextual search button. It’s just the button that I get furious at when pressed accidentally.

Having them all on screen would be nice. Perhaps some gestures to duplicate the action (some swiping for multitasking…yes, been discussed before about how this conflicts with metro…yatta yatta).

I’m itching for Nokia to go 5″+. It’s where everyone’s going now. At least just one model.

• Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

It would be nice if microsoft integrate the search button with a local search in the phone also you can find everything (music, videos, contacts, email, web, etc.) by sliding the side to move from research to another

• v.s.i says:

That’s also my opinion, and I’m also willing to bet we’re not alone. A multitasking button would be most welcome, even if that means copying Android.

May I add that after seeing as how WP served as inspiration for certain Android and iOS features, it’s only rightful that we copy our fair share too. Add browser sync to this, and suddenly WP becomes a lot more desirable for uncertain but Android-familiar fans and clients (80% more or less).

• ammad says:

Onscreen buttons would be pretty cool..

Would expand funtionality by leaps and bounds

ie. Belle Extra Buttons (app for Belle)

• JGrove303 says:

I constantly hit the damn search button on accident. Wish I could disable it.

• Silthice says:

Me too just wish it’s a button instead of a capacitive key. Well N9 without the front button is the best.

2. B Jay says:

It would be awesome if a phone actually transforms into something else.
    And I’d like to see how did it actually transform into a jet..