Nokia Lumia 928 Tear Down – Internals/Disassembly pictures

| May 18, 2013 | 23 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.52.00

Let’s start off that weekend with something gutsy – the internals of the Nokia Lumia 928.

Interesting battery shape.

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.58.13Sensors

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.58.55
Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.52.30 Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.52.21 Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 06.52.07Source

Cheers Aikon171 for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Hoàng Mạnh Hưng says:

I think Nokia should learn Apple and Samsung about mainboad.

• Bassman says:

Why?

• Kumara says:

Isn’t it obvious?
        Just look how does those look like.

• Bassman says:

No it’s not obvious. I am not an expert on PCB’s, hence I asked the question. Is there something wrong with the arrangement of the components? Is the OP an expert in this field?

• disguy says:

Obvious, yet you didn’t say anything.
          “Just look how does those look like”???? What are you trying to say? Just look at it? What does it look like? Never have I heard, “Just look how does those look like.”

This is why I hate comment sections. Everyone has something to say but can’t say it. Not correctly at least. Hopefully, it’s because English is a second language and not just stupidity.

/rant

• Hoàng Mạnh Hưng says:

Sorry for my bad English because I used GG Translate. I said Nokia should learn Apple how to arrange the components on the mainboard, because when I look at the Iphone 5 and Galaxy S4 mainboard I am very impressed with the way they arrange things. Almost no space at all, all neatly organized, tidy and very space saving.

• disguy says:

Should learn? Or teach? Learn From? Not sure what you’re trying to say.

2. JGrove303 says:

He probably thinks so because the board is so spread out and runs the perimeter of the device. What he isn’t getting, is that this Nokia was not built to fail after 10 months. This Nokia wasn’t industrial engineered down to a flimsy wafer.
    Nokia optimized their leads between bridges and processors so well, they don’t HAVE TO cram everything together.

• Stoli89 says:

Yes, just compare this to the internal pics of an HTC One. OMG…the One looks like its design engineers were cramming the night before an exam. Everything is stuffed together, with spaghetti connections in between. Talk about beauty being skin deep! No wonder it scored 1 point, out of a possible 10, in iFixit.com’s repair-ability index.

When I look at the HTC One’s construction it really seems like they spent big money on the exterior…and cut like hell on the interior!

3. JGrove303 says:

Its like Ikea in their. Every mm is thoughtfully utilized in respect to RF and heat dissipation.

• Stoli89 says:

IKEA is not a good example, IMO. The store’s layout (at least in my area) is designed to trap the consumer in an endless maze. It’s so frustrating to go in for one purpose, find the thing to be bought in 5 minutes…and then spend 15 minutes getting to the check-out counter. Great for keeping consumers trapped around the merchandise…but not at all convenient.

• disguy says:

*there

their
      [thair; unstressed ther] Show IPA
      pronoun
      a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun: their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.

there
      [thair; unstressed ther] Show IPA
      adverb
      in or at that place ( opposed to here ): She is there now.

4. ms.nokia says:

Does anyone know if the last picture, showing the internal silver frame, is milled aluminium or injection moulded plastic?
    It would be super strong if it’s an aluminium frame attached to polycarbonate back and gorilla glass front, need a destruction test asap :)

• llaadd says:

It will be metal injection moulded aluminium, not plastic. This is part of the internal grounding system, and may also form part of the antenna (although that part is just a guess).

5. dss says:

I love the heath shields.. I don’t think the HTC One or the GS4 have them.

6. viipottaja says:

Where is the xenon capacitor in the pictures and where is it on the board?

• llaadd says:

it’s still in the back housing. If you look at the right of the first pic above, on he right of the main camera, is the xenon flash still fitted, the capacitor for it will be attached to it, under the black foam which is on top of the flash module.
      here:
      Flash Module

• Viipottaja says:

Thanks! Figured it might be there but was not sure. Hopefully the thin flat capacitors become available soon so that thinner phones can have xenon too.

7. ricky says:

my nokia 925 has a faulty on and off button not working very well can I get new part and where and 2 how do start to take it apart. is there a video