Carl Zeiss becomes ZEISS, already branded PureView ZEISS on Nokia EOS/Lumia 1020

| June 29, 2013 | 23 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 18.47.35

Looks like Carl Zeiss is now just becoming ZEISS in a bid to consolidate brand name and brand communication.

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 18.48.32

Founded by Carl Zeiss, the brand is often simply referred to as Zeiss. To keep things consistent, Carl Zeiss will now be just ZEISS.

Janne notes that some of the EOS proto pics mentioned simply ZEISS as opposed to Carl Zeiss therefore it wasn’t immediately fake as some implied (as all previous Nokia Carl Zeiss cameras mentioned the full name).

WPC have picked up on this and have an article here saying this news from ZEISS adds credibility to the EOS protos (which btw, I’ve read a few comments here from some guys that speculate certain leaks might have come from Nokia itself. Intriguing).

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 18.53.06

Cheers Alvester for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Janne says:

How was that fake image, made in some garage again… incognito? ;)

• sunnyvale says:

Janne, I think we can safely assume that all of the leaks so far about the EOS has been made with the approval of Nokia.

Let’s see how the evleaks unmasking pans out and if no reppercusions are sought against the Evan guy.

• Janne says:

Sure, I agree that at least some (I guess: vizileaks) of the leaks may actually be viral campaigning from Nokia.

However, I don’t see what kind of repercussions they could level against the Evleaks guy… I guess theoretically they might try copyright infringement for publishing their photos/renders, but even that is questionable since many countries have easier provisions in copyright law for news publication.

Now, of course if Evleaks guy received the stuff from Nokia under embargo and broke that embargo, I guess they could have a case (which I’d doubt they’d pursue beyond not sending anymore material to the guy)…

2. Janne says:

The writing has been on the wall for a while now. ZEISS has referred to themselves as just ZEISS not only in their logo, but on their camera website as well for a while now.

This is one of the cases where yelling “FAKE!” really shouldn’t happen so hastily.

3. svedu says:

Its now less than 2 weeks left to presentation of this phone. My guess is that next week will come some pictures taken with the phones camera, “leaked” by Nokia.

4. ms.nokia says:

I thought that was Lenny :)

Seems Nokia is becoming more media savvy when it comes to creating buzz and speculation regarding unreleased phones. Well done.

5. chris says:

They should call the new phone the Nokia zeiss.
    I no theirs more to it than just carl zeiss but i think it has a premium ring to it.
    The lumia name imo is less desired than what Nokia had with the N series