Invite: #ZoomReinvented After the Dark, Party in New York for New Nokia Lumia 1020/EOS #ZoomParty

| July 4, 2013 | 43 Replies

MNB Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 00.52.11

This was just sent to my email address.  I thought it was to let us know about the live stream but it’s for some events taking place in New York on July 11th…

The Nokia EOS/Lumia 1020 is expected to have a 41MP sensor like the Nokia Hyperion, aka Nokia 808 PureView.

It’s interesting to note the moon and the magnifying glass which notes some excellent low light but also great zooming performance.

I wonder what it’s about, eh?

This #zoomparty takes place between 7:30-10:30pm in the midtown area of NY. Those registering to get to the party have to be over 18. I’m not quite sure if it’s open to the public.

The actual unveiling of the EOS takes place 11am, NY.

Seems it’s a relatively new thing as there doesn’t seem to be mentions of a zoom party other than one other tweet (and then January 29th before that)

Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 01.00.03

OMG…The excitement. :D

P.S. Happy 4th of July American Nokia Fans :D

Tags:

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. poopshoot says:

an afterdark zoomparty sounds fun. It would be even cooler if it was an afterdark swimming zoomparty. I could show everyone my cool floaties! lol

2. MF says:

41mp + ois?
    41mp + bsi?
    41mp + higher iso range?
    41mp + brighter lens?

3. shallow ocean shoal says:

WHAT VENUE?!?!?!?!!!

where where

4. fabricio says:

is the moon!!!

5. anon2 says:

Makes sense: you hold the London event in the morning and follow it up with an after-party in New York where the camera’s low light abilities can be exploited. No doubt Nokia will publish these photos the following day, gaining vital publicity.
    My only fear is that android centric sites like phone arena, pocket now and the verge, will criticize the handset, regardless of how good it is.

6. Aba says:

This to me appears a combination of PV1 (808) and PV2 (L920)…atleast lets hope so….

7. dss says:

Best case scenario is a properly ported Phase 1 system..

I suspect that the initial firmware won’t have all the features of its Symbian father, but with time, they will bring it all in.. at least I hope they would.

As long as we have that amazing sensor/lens combo.. it will only be a matter of time.

Let’s also hope that the xenon flash is just as powerful.

Let’s also hope that there is stereo sound recording @ 256kbps, which is present in the 808.

Let’s also hope that the battery holds 7-8 hours of proper usage.

Let’s also hope that its not over 180 grams.

That being said, if the EOS doesn’t bring anything more in terms of IQ, I see absolutely no reason to upgrade from the 808.. as anyone else who is content with Symbian in its current state.

• MF says:

I will switch from the 808, if only to have a decent email client. Of course, having a more consistent, smoother user experience helps too.

8. CyberAngel says:

I thought it was invitation only – for the press it should be…
    Anywayz…the thing is not out yet – I mean: can’t buy!
    You have to wait until it’s in the shops (& Amazon)
    wait, wait, wait, …

9. Mac says:

“EOS was the rosy-fingered goddess of the
    dawn. She and her siblings Helios (the Sun)
    and Selene (the Moon) were numbered
    amongst the second-generation Titan gods. Eos rose up into the sky from the river Okeanos at the start of each day, and with her rays of light dispersed the mists of night.”

Some things that stick out here:

1. Second Generation
    2. Rays of Light
    3. Dispersed mists of Night
    4. Sun and Moon

So ‘second generation’ WP yes we know? ‘Rays of light’ with the next gen LED’s or better low light capabilities? ‘Dispersed mists of night’ aka clearer pictures during the night? ‘Sun and Moon’ for best pictures at anytime of the day or better yet, released during the sunshine and coming to life during the evening i.e. The after party!?

Oh well :) let the speculations begin!!! I’m just blabbering on now!!

10. MF says:

I will expect only Pureview phase 1, with some minor improvements (eg better lens or software or latest sensor tech) as the base scenario. The main hardware improvement should be in reducing thickness. I consider combining PV1 + PV2 to be the best case scenario, a significant engineering feat in itself.

11. soussef24 says:

To have a good picture of the moon, 41mpx or OIS wont be of much help, you need exposure and aperture control… Maybe EOS is bringing the first one!

• Random Random says:

Several people here in MNB have stated that the setting for manual exposure time is useless because 808 doesn’t have it.

I hope Nokia proves them wrong.

12. PinoyAko says:

If EOS for them represents the greek god “Eos” herself, then we can expect something big. “Aurora” “Dawn”. What could it bring?

13. Avi says:

Hi, I like to go to the After Dark party, I live in New York, can I get the link for the invitation, or the address of the party place?
    I am with Nokia over 30 years.
    Avi

14. Morgan says:

this event is open to the public you have to be 18 and older and it is being held at pier 52.

15. George says: