Freeware: Nokia Custom Dictionary Word List Organizer V0.02(2) for S60 3rd and 5th Edition [Experimental]
Here’s a neat application that you would have thought was already in your phone but isn’t. What’s great about it is that it will allow you to edit your custom dictionary. Normally you can only add words, with less frequently used “added” word being phased out. Here you can edit/delete them if you want (say, if you’ve accidentally spelt it wrong). Great when you’re using predictive text and it keeps inserting the wrongly spelt word!!
- Open it via the app (not via message editor)
- Words added via QWERTY (when prediction is on) appear in T9 too and can be edited/deleted (note, you’ll need to restart the app to see newly added words via message editors)
- Edit by Language (it’ll ask which language at start up)
- View all the words in your custom dictionary
- Add new words to the dictionary via the app.
- Edit and Delete existing words via the app
- Check the total number of words
- Export the words from your dictionary (as an XML file)
- Import words from an xml file
- Scan text files to import all the words
- Transfer your dictionary to another phone
To download, head on over to Beta labs. Note, that it’s at experimental stage and you’ll be needing to login via your Nokia Account. (Every time I see the word “Experimental, I think of Supreme Commander…confused? Never mind)
There seems to be a special version for E63 and E71, and another for 3rd/5th edition.
It’s the tiniest little app at 21kb but it helps a lot in
Note, it might also say, not compatible with phone.
You might find this blurb helpful, as well as the linked F.A.Q.
The application is fully functional on Nokia E71, Nokia E63, Nokia 5800 XPressMusic, and Nokia X6.
There might be some minor issues on Nokia N97, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E72, Nokia E75, Nokia E55, and Nokia E52. Check the FAQ under More Info.
The application has limited functionality on Nokia N96, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N79, Nokia N78, and other older phones. Check the FAQ under More Info.
Tried on N97, seems to work great.
- As well as coming out of experimental stage it would be cool if the dictionary would sync with your Nokia account so any Nokia phones to your name could always be up to date (though there is the maual export/import option – it’s less hassle free with sync)