On my twitterfeed, @Sheridan01 mentionoed he was updating his N97. It wasn’t the wrongly publicised V30 that Nokia mistakingly said was available, but a new firmware update is available nonetheless, from v21.0.045 to v22.0.110.
I did mine OTA, just hit *#0000# and update from there. It’ll take 5 minutes depending on your connection.
Not checked yet whether this is available via NSU and data cable, but most likely it is (or will be). Not sure when this came out but it’s new to me.
As for changes: haven’t checked yet, nothing major. Will update this post when I find the changelog.
- Is Maps 3.04 there by default? Not sure as I already had it.No 3.4/3.04
- It seems a minor touch faster, menu pretty instant before the button is properly released it changes.
- Boots up a bit quicker than the 50+ second v21 (took ages when using custom theme, 70+seconds, then it reverted to default black and is now booting faster at 35seconds)
It’ll restart and your screen will change into the first image above. Then after booting, you’re on v22.0.110
Data package content, corrections or changes :
- Corrections to TOP ~15 issues reported in the field
- OTC cases fixed:
- Wrong Cherry number used in Russia and Spain
- “System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.
Genius cases fixed:
Contacts performance improvement:
- #144324: Voice dialing not working when there are 2000+ entries stored in Contacts.
- #134637: Phone prompts “Memory full” when searching for names
Localisation & language variant specific:
- #154188: Message editor crashes and writing fails if predictive text input is On. (Arabic UI, v15 language variant)
- #146139: Scrolling to left and right works the wrong way around in Photos – Captured when using Arabic UI
- #147509: QWERTY keypad input does not work correctly with Calculator. (Chinese language variants: v19, v25, v26)
- #139207: “Slide to Answer” localization error (Hebrew)
- #140654: Localisation error in Bluetooth Audio – “Set as (un)authorized” (Czech)
- #141675: “Security module error” shown in display occasaionally at start-up
- #147863: Occasionally device hangs and restarts soon after start-up.
- #137558: Device keylock opens (although it shouldn’t) when dialing a number using a carkit. (CK-300, CK-600, also some non-Nokia, factory installed car kits)
- Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.