New CNN App for Symbian^3! Nokia and CNN collaborate to deliver mobile news and rich mapping!

| May 26, 2011 | 18 Replies

From Nokia Conversations, The Official Nokia Blog:

“GLOBAL – Today Nokia and news network CNN have announced plans for an international agreement which will see Nokia providing rich mapping services to the network. You may have already seen the first fruits of this collaboration when CNN used Nokia’s new 3D maps to show the route of the recent royal wedding procession in the UK.

The collaboration also includes a new CNN news app available in Ovi Store.”

Full details of the collaboration and new CNN app can be found at:

Unfortunately, the new CNN app appears to be only for the E7 at this time but as with all free apps on Ovi store, all you have to do is login to your account , select the E7 as your device and download the sis file to your pc and install according to our previous post:

The app installed without error on my N8.

Ovi Store E7 link:

Enjoy!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Applications, Freeware, How to:, Nokia, OVI, Symbian^3

Good day everyone! My name is Demitrius Harris and I am a fan of all things true. I currently hold a position in the IT Department at a college and I teach various classes when the opportunity presents itself. In the past, I was a Special Education Teacher and a Technology Education teacher at an elementary school and have held titles in the Financial industry. What does that mean for you, our dear readers? It means that I love to write and communicate as accurately as possible! It is my hope, that I will always be able to provide factual information concerning all things related to Nokia (even when the Nokia brand isn't printed) and anything else in the scope of technology that fits within the purpose of MyNokiaBlog. I humbly thank you all for reading my posts (and the MNB Team) that sometimes contain THOUSANDS of words. You all are the best and most respectful blog supporters in the world! Thank you for choosing MyNokiaBlog.com! Sincerely, Demitrius Harris. Favorite phone of all time: Nokia N82 - Black

1. Deaconclgi says:

I am fixing the link to the Nokia Conversations article. The post will be updated in a few minutes.

2. ggg says:

why dont nokia work with facebook twitter flickr msn picasa etc?

• a3x says:

My thoughts exactly. Nokia should try and make negotiations with other well known companies so they can develop apps for Nokia platform. It would be awesome to have WSJ, New York Times, Engadget, dedicated e-banking apps, etc. That could at least put Nokia on the USA map.

3. Peter says:

@ggg Facebook, Twitter, Flickr works very well on my Nokia, I’m using it daily :)

Back to topic, this cnn app is GREAT! Works very well on my N8

• Newtype says:

I think he meant that Nokia needs to partner with Facebook, Twitter, flickr, etc to have them make dedicated clients for S^3 so that they will have the polish and functionality of their iOS and Android counterparts.

Gravity doesn’t count, as it costs a whopping $10 while other clients in other stores are free or at most, $5.

• spacemodel says:

Maybe Gravity costs 10 bucks but it is worth every penny of it.
        Constant updates, a very smooth and eye catching app where you have Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader and Foursquare in one place.

4. Roy says:

Oh lol. That’s a nice way of cheating Ovi Store. I saw the app a couple of days ago but couldn’t install because I have a Nokia N8 :D Thanks!

5. jabbi says:

is it written in qt? dont want no fucking wrt…

6. ahMd says:

tried “…/download” without changing the device to E7 .. guess what it still works :D

7. Eidhaug says:

Ovi store UPDATED! Now with update apps feature!
    PR2.0 close?

8. Ravi says:

Click on this link:
    intomobile.com/2011/05/26/nokia-ceo-stephen-elop-says-symbian-get-software-updates-until-least-2016-he-also-carries-oro/

Via pocketnow.com

9. spacemodel says:

Tried it the /download way and it works flawlessly on my N8.
    Great news app, just as a news app should be.
    Together with the Guardian app one of my top ranking news source today.

10. stylinred says:

I’m not a fan of CNN but i like neat apps for my n8 so i guess ill give this a looksee

11. I feel this is among the so much important information for me. And i am happy studying your article. However should statement on few normal things, The site taste is wonderful, the articles is actually great : D. Good process, cheers

12. Cancel says:

Hello, just wanted to tell you, I liked this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

13. Ιt’s awesome to visit this web site and reading the views of all colleagues concerning this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting experience.

Stop by my web site; Roofing State College