Remember the post on the SNES emulator? Here’s a Nintendo N64 Emulation for MeeGo Harmattan, demoed on the Nokia N950.
mupen64plus is an open source N64 emulator.
javispedro notes that this works better than the N900 version.
Look what happens when the game is swiped away. The thumbnail in multitask view is live. Mario is still moving. This is pretty much the case for multitasking in MeeGo-Harmattan that things continue running, except that is for video.
mupen64plus with Ari64′s new_dynarec and Adventus’ gles2n64, working on the N950 with minimal changes. Also some SDL application swipe action.
Of interest is that Ari64′s new_dynarec works on a hardfp eabi platform without changes, and that there’s a quite a nice speed bump when compared to the N900. No frameskipping was used, and CPU clock was at 800Mhz (set by ondemand governor, and it even had some 20% idle CPU time to spare — as long as it was not in the background, when compositor kicks in).
Thanks for the tip, Shankey!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Mupen64plus: l'emulatore di Nintendo64 ora gira pure su N950 | August 7, 2011
- Mupen64plus: l’emulatore di Nintendo64 ora gira anche su N950! (VIDEO) | Tec Info - Aggregatore news su cellulari, tecnologia, giochi… | August 8, 2011
- Mupen64plus Nintendo 64 Emulator Demoed On Nokia 950 MeeGo Harmattan | August 8, 2011
- Nintendo Ds Spiele Mädchen Ab 4 Jahre | Nintendo DS x | September 28, 2011
- How To Use Nintendo Ds Wifi Connection | Nintendo DS x | September 28, 2011
- Xbox 360 controller N64 emulator help? - How To Create a Backup Copy of Your Favorite Game - Copy Games Etc. | November 16, 2011