108 Lumiapps ago, we demoed a pretty cool gesture based to do list called Zero. Clearer has similar gestures but goes a few steps further (and also, quite importantly, seems to be more stable and doesn’t go about deleting my lists at random).
The app is pretty much full screen. You have your different lists to begin with and then tapping on the number at the side of the list opens that list up – with nice opening animation
- Swipe down to make a new list, or pinch out. Nice animation when pulling down, you see a block rotating to say ‘pull down to add task’
- Swipe right to mark something as done (then it will move to the bottom and change to a dimmer, less visible dark colour) or
- swipe it right again to mark as undone.
- Swipe left to delete
- Pull up to delete only the ones that are done
- Pinch to go into the main lists view – very nice animation.
It will take some getting used to using something that’s fully gesture based but once you get the hang of it, it’s brilliant. I found it very useful that the first list you have available are actually instructions on how to use the app. There might also have been a tutorial at the start of the app when first using it.
You can change the colours of the main lists and the individual lists. I like that the colours can be set to a gradient, so instead of having one plain block, you have, say a gradient of greens or blues, to make each item stand out. You can also customise your live tile (for the app) or for individual list tiles.
For the live tiles, the main app tile shows the total number of items to do and flips around to show you the list. You can also pin individual lists which flip around to show the item in that list.
A super sleek and metro todo app that should have been on the windows phone first rather than iphone. Clearer is a much better version of the wildly popular todo app with more features and cooler animations!
You have to try it to believe it. Download the trial and give it a shot!
- fix an issue with sync-ing that should resolve most of the bug reports you guys have been sending
- pin a list to the start menu (if the tile is not updated, you can refresh it by tapping on the pin button again)
- choose colour for the live tile (under settings)
- more sync bug fix
- added apps by us (check out other cool apps from us)
- Added reminders (tap on the right edge of the task to bring up the reminder settings. Remember to tap the arrow to confirm the reminder)
- Bug fixes for sync (if you are still facing sync problem, please try to reinstall or choose “send logs to developer” when the message appears)
- App icon now follows your phone theme colour
- Change main task list colour (open the app bar and go to settings)
- Share your list using Email
- For those who find it laggy, please let me know which part of the app is laggy so I can fix it. Let me know your phone model too because there’s no lag on my lumia 800.
- Google Tasks 2-way sync (note: the default GTasks list is not sync-ed)
- Share list with your friends through messaging
- Updated app icon to show bigger outstanding tasks
- Text auto correct
- Auto save when app is minimized
- Use photo as background
- Change task colours
- Even better animations
- Live tile support (show total and breakdown of items)
- Pull down to add new item
- Pinch out to add new item
- Swipe left and right to delete/complete item
- Pinch in to minimize items
- Tap and hold to reorder items
The trial version is fully functional except you are allowed to save only 1 list. Get the full version to save unlimited lists! Google tasks sync is not included in trial.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Best Lumia apps – what’s in the Spotlight? | Nokipedia | November 2, 2012