Lumia 920 launches Nov 29 in Australia; Pre-Order for Free JBL

| November 13, 2012 | 27 Replies

Sorry about the long title, just wanted to get the key info there, instead of having to do a few posts for the same stuff.

First up, we finally have a confirmed release date for the Lumia 920 in Australia. Telstra, the exclusive carrier for the Lumia 920 here in Oz, issued a press statement earlier today announcing it will be here on November 29, with pre-order open as of today. If you have waited this long, lets face it, another two weeks is nothing.

Secondly, on the topic of pre-order, Telstra are giving you a FREE JBL Play Up speaker, if you commit to one of their “Every Day Connect” plans, and pre-order prior to the 20th (although the email I got said 26th). Got confirmation it is the 26th.

Lastly, if you’re not one for contracts, you can purchase the Lumia 920 for AUD$696. Sadly, no free speaker. Who knows though, maybe the Free Nokia Charger promo may apply to you.

Source: Telstra

Category: Lumia, Promotion, Speakers, Windows Phone

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. Vladimir says:

This is so unfair. Americans get something for free plus low price, now Australians.
    Nokia, this is not the way to treat your loyal customers. I bought this phone for 800+ American bucks in Moscow and the fact that you are giving everyone but me so much goodies make my joy turn to sadness. This is how one company loses loyal fans.
    It feels not good at all, Nokia!

• arts says:

but those prices comes with a contract. Your’s is unlocked right? o.o

• Vladimir says:

In USA Lumia 920 is less then 500 buck off-contract. Almost twice less expensive than in Russia. I don’t like it.

• M says:

Att keep cancelling my order when I tried to buy it unlocked. Had to buy it from the Microsoft store.

• Vladimir says:

I bet even from Microsoft store it was cheap and with goodies like headphones or charger or even jbl

• M says:

Nope, nothing but it was only fifty dollars more so I can’t complain too much. I believe carriers are giving away the free stuff to draw people into longer pricy contracts and trying to pretend the non commitment price option doesn’t exist.

• Vladimir says:

Then the situation is even worse. Not only those who bought it for the regular price angry, but those who offered low prices and free stuff but had to pay the same also. Somebody is destroying this beautiful brand.

• Pdexter says:

Though remember that you can’y buy unlocked Lumia 920 in USA. Also it has been widely reported that you can’t buy non contract phone from AT&T (that again isn’t unlocked).

• Jiipee says:

Vladimir, are there any hints of how Lumia is sellinh in Russia? How is the availability: can you find it in stores or is it sold out? Are there many chains anf operators supporting it? I havent seen any news (except Eldar) mentioning anything of the demand.

2. Pat says:

Just quickly checked on Telstra’s website for the pre-order. Yellow and Red are already out at the moment. You can pre-order only Black and White for now (as of 13.11.12 4:25pm Sydney time).

3. Pat says:

Correction – in fact Telstra says ‘coming soon’ for the yellow and the red ;-)

4. Pat says:

Tough luck. All the colours are ‘Coming Soon’ on Telstra’s preorder page now. All sold out?

5. Rinslowe says:

Looks like I’ll picking one up from HK, in Dec. Or if not in HK, then Sydney on the pass through. If all sold out then Auckland surely…??

Yeah, I hope so.

6. et3rnal says:

Fk telstra! every where nokia releasing it cheaper, outright is the way to go

7. Law says:

Where exactly can u get the lumia 920 for 696aud as stated In post?

8. John says:

This is really good news!