Vote for Nokia Lumia 920 (84.45% current votes) or Nokia 808 PureView in Gizmodo Awards

| December 3, 2012 | 46 Replies

Gizmodo (au) have a poll where you can vote for your favourite phone. Two Nokias are in the mix, Nokia 808 PureView and Nokia Lumia 920.

Nokia Lumia 920 currently leads with 84.45%.  You can vote either for the 808 or 920, but voting 920 would ensure the Nokia would take this poll. It’s just a bit of fun, but nice recognition on the internet.

Cheers Daniel for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. MKnowles says:

…yeah… I’m not going to vote for the 920 just because. The 808 is my favourite phone as it’s the one I use.

• Pökö says:

Well, same goes for me except my phone is Lumia 920 :) I have to say that visually and from build quality point of view this phone is masterpiece. Yellow color looks absolutely great on the phone and black ceramic buttons and camera plate just makes so nice contrast. Only few minor things that I miss (from symbian^3), flip to silence, fm transmitter, profiles etc…

• twig says:

I voted 920!!! You got your yellow 920 already? I ordered in the first 12hours and still am waiting in the U.S. Its torture I tell you !! I just drove 1 1/2 hours to a store to buy a new t.v. but of 3 they advertised that I wanted to look at and buy one, all 3 were out of stock. There’s a pattern here.

• Peter L says:

Then go vote for the 808?

• Viipottaja says:

Yeah, 808 needs some more votes! Would be great if the two Nokia’s would take the top spots. :)

• Venus Raj says:

Oh gosh we should vote for our homegirl Nokia Lumia 920 instead even if you’re using an 808 PureView because the 920 is already a sure win. Voting for the 808 would be a waste because it won’t be counted anyway. So let’s just support our homegirl 920 who’s currently wearing the crown.

2. Francis says:

The result with too high vote for Nokia 920 with the present of iphone 5, SGIII & SGNII is VERY suspicious !! It is ok for 920 to win but can’t be such big margin.

IMO, something is wrong.

3. ms.nokia says:

fantastic results so far with more than 9,000 votes,
    go Lumia

4. Thomas Flowerchild says:

I voted 808 PureView because it’s the best Nokia ever, and will be the best Nokia for a long time… For me personal at least.

Hope it get’s a lot of votes! Symbian FTW

5. Chén Zhé says:

I vote for 808. The best phone of 2012 and Nokia ever.

6. Sam says:

Something fishy here, S3 has 30 million+ users around the world, Note 2 outsold lumia 920′s estimated pre-order in 37 days, iphone 5 already outsold lumia 920′s estimated pre-orders in 1st weekend, so it’s either that mostly only Nokia trolls or MS employees know about this poll or it is rigged from the start.

• Jay Montano says:

Must be. Anything Lumia positive must be fake?

Or perhaps you could consider the possibility that the results may not be fully representative of users but fans who have come across the poll?

Also, favourite phone doesn’t necessarily have to be the one you bought/own/best seller.

The fishy smell I think is the anchovy in your conspiracy hat ;)

• Tetlee says:

Sam is right on this one. If you close and re-open the poll you can vote again, rinse and repeat as many times as you like and it’s a poll boosters paradise.

This poll needs to be discarded.

• Viipottaja says:

Well, admittedly I tried to vote for both the 808 and 920, and it says my vote had already been counted. And those were two different times I went to the poll so what you say does not seem to be the case, at least in my case. :)

• Jay Montano says:

Your conspiracy hat needs to be discarded.

• Tetlee says:

No, unless they’ve fixed it now, will go check. The bottom device(Xperia S i think) had no votes a second ago, I’ll try and add three to it now.

• JGrove303 says:

Ya, they may have bought them, but in my personal experience, Nokia owners are enthusiastic. iPhone owners own them as phones that play Words with Friends. Same as Samsung owners. Just their appliance has a larger screen.
      When was the last time you got excited about your dishwasher? 😉

7. alai says:

It looks like Nokia 920 result isn’t real. More popular phones got less points. Somebody is trying to cheat. People vote for devices they own.

8. steelicon says:

Needs a little bit of China. Here you go :

1.1 billion Chinese use cellphones; Android owned 90.1% of the Chinese smartphone market during Q3

9. Tetlee says:

Ok, didn’t take much to figure this one out. Vote on any device, close the page then open it again and you’re free to vote once more. I just pushed one of the other devices up by three to test and sure enough.

Sorry but this is a case of determined Lumia fans. The poll should log IP addresses and only allow a single vote.

10. Tak says:

808 is the best, and the last of the Nokians.

11. Tetlee says:

Poll results seem to have been removed now. Guess they’re sorting out the exploit so we’ll see what happens when it goes back up.

• Viipottaja says:

Or, and I actually guess that the case, they just took it down until the voting period ends. Better that way in any case to avoid unnecessary speculations ahead of time.

12. フルラ人気ランキング