Skype for WP updated: Can now receive calls/message notifications when app is closed.

| January 3, 2013 | 12 Replies

MNBwp_ss_20130103_0002

It took its time but now, Skype for WP (on my Nokia Lumia 920) can now receive Skype calls/message notifications even though it’s not running.

This is a PREVIEW RELEASE and the experiences is said to be “NOT FINAL”.MNBwp_ss_20130103_0003

MNBwp_ss_20130103_0004

MNBwp_ss_20130103_0005

Category: Applications, Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Anonymous | January 5, 2013
  1. Viipottaja says:

One should note they have temporarily disabled integration with the People Hub.

2. swain says:

Welcome addition.

3. samized says:

hopefully this update comes also to wp 7.8

4. Maybe says:

So Lumia 620 is capable to run Skype with 512 MB of memory?

5. Qler says:

Well f**k you than M$. What about WP7.x? This shitty OS does not have multitasking. I think Asha series has better multitasking options.

6. Chén Zhé says:

This is why WP is not a smartphone

7. Nina says:

8. Nina says:

9. Nina says:

Hello, i wrote you about skype on october 16, but i didn’t get answer. Please, write me reply on my message.

“Hello. I have nokia lumia 520. I’ve installed facebook and skype apps, but when i close applications, i can’t get new notifications with or without ringtone.
    I want to know when i have new notifications, even apps is closed (not sign out). How can i do this?”