Official Press shot of New Nokia Lumia 928 from Nokia, with views of the side and top (like a curved glass 810)

| May 8, 2013 | 36 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-05-08 at 08.19.59LOL, I’m just wondering if this hasn’t already been announced by NokConv yet as there’s so much material going around for this unannounced Nokia Lumia 928.

Check out this press photo where we can finally see the sides of the 928. No curved sides like the 920. It’s like a mix between the 810 and 920.

The video leads back to the one shared in the last post, showing off the new PureView OIS.

Screen Shot 2013-05-08 at 08.23.53

Via: TNB Via Reddit

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Akki says:

Looking good than l 920

2. dss says:

the leaked images were spot on..

3. Chris says:

Wow I’m surprised. What a nice and slim device. Going up against iP5 for shizzle in terms of thickness.

4. swain says:

wow..more bezel on top… :(

• viipottaja says:

They had to put the xenon capacitor somewhere.

• swain says:

I know how much big that xenon capacitor is. Nokia must fire the engineering team who increased the bezel to this extent just to fit a small capacitor.(I know you are kidding :))

• Janne says:

But it’s symmetrical now! ;)

• swain says:

symmetrical…ha..haa… :)
        Yes, they are now symmetrical. But the better option was to make the bottom bezel same as the top of 920.

• sunnyvale says:

NO JANNE!! THAT IS NOT SYMMETRICAL! I CAN TELL BY THE PIXELS!

AND THAT’S TOO THICK, I LIKE MY PHONES ANOREXIC-GRADE THIN. NOKIA FAIL!

Just kidding mate :)
        This lumia looks amazing!

5. Toni says:

I think it looks quite businessy, the kind of phone that your corporate buddies would buy. It is a strong showing of Nokia’s ability (at present) to create good designs with minor variations.

– but where on earth are all leaks from the devices Nokia is about to reveal next week? Shouldn’t the blogs be flooding with such pictures as there is less than a week to the event itself? There are loads of discussion of this and that phone being revealed (EOS and Catwalk being the main candidates), yet there are no pictures past that shoddy one from China a few weeks back.

6. David says:

Looks like a Sony..

7. benam badshah says:

looks much better than the leaked images. Its a pleasant surprise for sure. Hopefully the full side on view and rear view are equally good. Where is the verizon logo? :)

8. AJE says:

Is that the microUSB port on the top? I thought the policy was to have them on the bottom?

• Sefriol says:

It could be miniHDMI. Might be a good idea, since camera has a lot of focus on marketing.

• AJE says:

If it is, I would have preferred that it had a flap/cover as on the N8 to keep it protected from dirt.

• drexter says:

the micro sim cartridge looks different now.
          and why cover it up? you dont need flap cover for it., the micro usb port doesnt have one, and the hdmi shouldn’t too.

• AJE says:

The microUSB will get used a lot more than the miniHDMI (even) if it had wireless charging and so any small amount of fluff, grit and dirt would get mostly cleared out each time you insert the plug. But, as the miniHDMI would get used quite infrequently there would, conceivably, be a build-up of dirt, etc.

9. KiranMNBUSER says:

Bored of L928 leaks please let the eos leak.

10. Aliqudsi says:

Hmmm, a curved screen with straight edges would make the device feel a lot smaller no? Also it looks exactly like the fanmade renders (and a bit like the surface phone)

11. ms.nokia says:

looks good,

12. Paul Grenfell says:

8.7mp? Come on .. not near good enough. I rarely ever take low light shots.

13. Ammad says:

Xperia Z?…

14. Law says:

One thing I hate most is black spaces and bezel. It seems nokia will never make an end to end screen device. Cause of those huge space using capacitive buttons :(

15. jojordan82 says:

If you look closer, it seems you see a little hole on the top right of the phone for sim card and the one on the top left must be a SD port?

So :

A Lumia 920 + SD port + Xenon flash (+ micro USB?)? OMG!

16. benam badshah says:

official image from http://www.nokia.com/us-en/lumia928/

There are two thumb nails on the page. Click the first one and you can see the back of the device.

17. wiishesh says:

In one of the picture it looks like glass is tapered on the top n bottom of the screen like in the back of the body.. I don’t have good eye sight though..lol.

18. Matt Damon arrived with his wife Luciana while his Behind The Candelabra co-star Michael Douglas turned up solo, following his split from wife Catherine Zeta-Jones Fancy seeing you here!