Video: New Nokia Lumia 928 sample OIS test video shared by NokiaUS (vs iPhone and SGSIII)

| May 8, 2013 | 24 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-05-08 at 08.10.21Nokia’s policy has always been not to talk about unannounced devices. There may be little teasers but nothing so explicit as perhaps the site launch yesterday and now sample videos!

The next Nokia Lumia is coming and we are excited to unveil it soon. In the meantime, enjoy a preview of what’s in store.

We took the new Nokia Lumia to Adventureland in Farmingdale, New York and strapped it to the front row of a rollercoaster called “The Hurricane.” It’s 60ft high and has an inverted loop, so we thought we would capture some video footage alongside the Samsung Galaxy S III as well as the iPhone 5. Which phone takes better video on this shake-filled and low-lit ride? You decide.

Nokia Lumia 928 with xenon should also focus on being the best low light WITH flash as well as without. Let’s see if Nokia’s managed to implement xenon correctly.

NokiaUS

Via ST

Cheers Derrek for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Video

1. satanlovesyou says:

Why SGSIII when SGSIV is a new flagship?

2. Akki says:

Camera is not important nowadays

3. Akki says:

Apps are important

4. Akki says:

Not much more difference in Iphone and nokia camera here

• Victor says:

Actually camera is very important when you need to make some shots an you get awfull photos.
      On the other hand spamming is not important nowa days with lot of people going that route.

5. dss says:

So.. the difference between the 928s camera and the iphone 5/gs4 will be negligible.

1.4 – 1.1 micron pixels on all of them.. average quality at best, just like the 920.

If they are going to hype the camera again, IQ is not going to be its strongest suite… show us what the xenon flash can do..

• Mapantz says:

I agree. The video didn’t blow me away at all, the usual stabalization came in to play and that was about it?

6. Akki says:

People are not buying smart phone for special for camera even galaxy camera is not sell well

7. Toni says:

There sure are loads of people bashing Nokia for providing better experience than what their competitors can; shouldn’t everyone frequenting a blog devoted to Nokia be happy to see how they are simply leaps and bounds better than their much more successful rivals?

And really, you have to be a blind monkey if you cannot make the difference and would they have been e.g. in a gig you could have heard the difference in sound recording as well. I guess that it will be the next video as suggested by that earlier leak on the Nokia Blog.

• who knows says:

Yep, sure is strange seeing fans of Nokia (?) trying their very best at discredit improvements. I could more understand the comments if this were an android/apple centric website.

I’m waiting for an iphone with wireless charging, sensitive touchscreen, OIS, xenon flash, nfc, HAAC, sturdier build quality…..

• Victor says:

Then it will be a Nokia made handset :D

• who knows says:

Ah, but then it would miss the most important feature; the glowing apple logo on the back which enables “air of superiority”. ;)

I’m joking of course, I would never buy a phone that wouldn’t allow me to use maps offline. In my opinion offline maps is the best feature there is here in Europe and the single reason I started buying Nokias products in the first place.

• arts says:

there are people here that just want to see nokia fail. Or are REALLY unhappy some people just happen to like lumia products.

If you are looking for a place that focuses more on the positive side of things, you are better off looking at say a wp centric blog.

8. Groznik says:

Actual piece or nokia marketing…can’t believe my eyes:)