LeakyLeak: WP8.1 demoed on Nokia Lumia 920? Folders and swipe down notification centre? Real or Fake?

| June 21, 2013 | 35 Replies

tr

Questions, questions, questions. This blurry video shows off a Nokia Lumia 920 but it seems to have folders (behaving like one of the concepts we’ve shown here) and a swipe down notification centre it seems.

Real or Fake? Haha. New channel too “mati leaks“.

• Note how notification centre pushes the status bar down.
  • Hopefully, folders isn’t limited to four apps cos one block of 2×2 occupies the same space as four small app tiles.

Cheers v.s.i  for the tip

As he said in the tip, “Now we only need X to close and browser sync. Also, a file manager would be nice. :P”

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. flava says:

Finally.. A pull down notification center!

1 less thing to whine about eh? :P

• flava says:

And a tile to quick-switch bunch of settings? Damn nice!

If this is a fake, i must say this guy puts lots of effort to do a ‘pointless small thing’ like this.

• guerrahp says:

Does the Other Storage still eat up phone space like it paid for it…?

• ushoda says:

btw, i think that thosse are not folders, just a new type of tiles that enable displaying quick toggles

2. Raven says:

Is 8.1 suppose to be the big uppdate to windows phone this year?

3. Viipottaja says:

Real, but probably of the same early build of which the pics were leaked earlier (expect that those of course did not have the quick settings tile).

• Aliqudsi says:

The earlier build which was sold on ebay didn’t have swipe down notifs. iirc

• Viipottaja says:

We only saw stills and some of those may have been just of this when in its pulled down position (or a slight variant as this one seems to have battery, signal,etc. remaining at the bottom,of screen).

• sisqo88 says:

Somebody said to me that This is just a win 8.1 build with some functions to test the device and that this may not be integrated to the final build at thirst he said it’s a fake but than he means it could be some new functions that getting tested…

4. Harangue says:

A pull down notification centre, great. Without sarcasm, that is just great. Why the need for elaborate work arounds just to avoid pull down menu? This implementation works pretty much good allround.

And as said above, add in some quick-switch settings (only the necessary ones, no one needs the mess that is Android) and WP is one step closer to being what it should be.

Like it, if it is real. Not too keen on the folder idea though.

• Hypnopottamus says:

I agree with you about the notification center. It needs to be accessible from anywhere, though. The swipe down implementation is probably the best way to do this in my view.

5. v.s.i says:

The X to close should be also coming, it was leaked on that Chinese man’s 920. But really, cover those things up and there’s no problem any more. Do what you want to your attachments or files, send them to whom you want, manage your OCD by creating and sorting out your favourite folders… :D

IE sync is also rumored for WP Blue. But it should include all the history, passwords, tags etc instead of just bookmarks. Hopefully MS doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot like all the countless times already.

• Harangue says:

If Windows 8 and the recent Xbox thing is anything to go by, Microsoft is listening to its customers and acting on it as well. Although I feel sometimes the WP division isn’t a part of MS and more like some kind of weird offspring of the Symbian dev department.

• guerrahp says:

No need to include Symbian in the statement just to say its bad. Its bad with its own roots, Windows Mobile.

• Harangue says:

Nah, nothing to do with Symbian being bad. More to do with the snailspace at which WP ‘evolves’. Symbian also knew such a lagging development cycle and what was added was mostly a slight addition.

Only after Symbian went to Accenture (or got axed) it started to go be it should have been years ago.

• v.s.i says:

Yeah man, I don’t know… it’s as if they want to sell well but at the same time not really compete with the market leader, Android, feature-wise. Despite Nokia’s legendary phone-making skills, that’s not going to happen…

6. Omar-BHR says:

THIS AND A FILE MANAGER PLEASE

7. nokiaaa says:

is this taken with microwave? :D

8. qromodynmc says:

I will never understand that leakers why cant use high quality cameras..

• soussef24 says:

Because, in the first place, they aren’t supposed to record the leaked subject… So when the occasion comes, they use whatever device they have at hand and in the hurry and fear of being caught they don’t adjust the focus correctly!

9. vince says:

i hope it’s fake. if they had a notification centre to the left like on meego that would be good.

• Viipottaja says:

Wpcentral sources say itbis indeed a fake (I think though it is plausible it’s some early test build, later scrapped)

10. jolla > nokia says:

still no swipe?

11. Vikas says:

I need file manager. Otherwise I will dump my current Windows Phone and Jump to Android. Nokia itself has killed everything.

12. Chris says:

I bet this is another DEV preview, and that development from here on can go any way.

Personally I don’t think those solutions are elegant enough to ever make it into a final release.

13. drexter says:

fake. wpcentral said it.

14. Diazene says:

it doesn’t look like a folder, more like connectivity toggles, notice they were Bluetooth, cellular data, airplane mode, and something I don’t recognize, probably live tiles can be more interactive

and yes, I think x to close is a really important thing, but supporting other browsers is more important for me than browser sync