Lumia 925 Uses Windows Button as Notification Light?

| June 21, 2013 | 27 Replies

not-lightThe guys at winsource spotted something interesting about the Lumia 925 in the latest Nokia commerical; the Windows button on the device is blinking while in standby mode. Previously we heard that the Windows button would act as an indicator to whether the device is charging or not (when off); so perhaps it doubles out as a notification light when on?

I haven’t heard any-one mentioning this on their Lumia 925′s so perhaps it’s part of a future software update on the way? Something blue perhaps?

Via

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. J says:

Yeah, like on Symbian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7e3wlYglZI 1:19 In background there’s a White with yellow cover ;o)

2. allmächd says:

Is a Reflection. The Light slide over The Glass

3. Mark says:

I have a 925. It doesn’t have this feature.

• Bob says:

How you liking the 925 so far?

• Bassman says:

I received mine a few weeks ago and I must say I’m really enjoying it. It feels lovely, very light but sturdy at the same time. The bump is not as pronounced as it appears in the photographs.

It’s very smooth and impressively fast opening apps. I went for the 32GB version, as 16GB is just not enough.

I’m upgrading from my trusty N8 and for me it’s a worthy replacement. The low light photo’s are very impressive and easy to set up. All in all, very pleased.

4. Mario says:

Yes but that guy didn’t have a new notification? :)

5. imuniem says:

Guys, try watching phonedog’s Lumia 925 hands on and If you look closely at the other lumias on the table (1:21), one of them(third from left, yellow wireless charging cover) has its windows button blinking.

6. shallow ocean shoal says:

Does the notification light tell us when it will be available on T-Mobile?!

7. William H. says:

Lumia 925 has a notification light.
    But it doesn’t work with the current version of the OS!
    You have to wait Amber ;)

8. JGrove303 says:

I do miss the notification light. I also miss being able to turn my phone off while it charges, instead of just stand by.

• guerrahp says:

They have the weirdest features nobody asked for but the ones we’ve been asking for are nowhere to be found, updates after updates.

9. M.Y.N says:

Will it be like the N8 breathing light? :p and am I the only one who is worried that Elop is trying hard to sell Nokia?

10. poojamittal says:

Yup the light is coming. Lumia 925 has a notification light but it doesn’t work on my phone.Nokia Lumia 925 is an ideal choice for every smart phone users who prefer to use Windows OS on their handset.

11. lol_2013 says:

925 lumia windows home button blinks only when battery is low…..and about tht faint red light is of proximity….all lumia has tht feature but not that blinking feature..

12. It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this post as well
    as from our argument made here.

13. Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness for your submit is just nice and i could think you are a professional on this subject.

Fine along with your permission let me to take hold of your feed
    to stay updated with drawing close post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please
    carry on the rewarding work.