Video: 41MP Nokia Lumia 1020 VS 16MP Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom – 1020 WINS! detail of 1020 sensor, unbelievable!
Here’s Danny Winget comparing the Nokia Lumia 1020 with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. He says that since CAMERA is one of the most important things when it comes to smartphone buying decision these are the ‘two biggest sensors on the market right now’ well, the 1020/808 if you consider the 808 on market. Anyway, here’s the video.
Danny finds that the S4 Zoom looks more like a camera, it doesn’t really look like a phone. That’s probably why Gizmodo found the 1020 to be that Eureka moment where there’s a fantastic camera on a great smartphone which wasn’t a ‘monstrosity’ or as per Engadget’s opinion, the S4 zoom being a ‘messy marriage’ of smartphone and camera. Wasn’t it TechCrunch that dissed PureView and thought the S4 Zoom would be the victor based on that look alone?
The 1020 apparently feels premium in the hand whilst the S4 Zoom is more like a P&S (or PoS? ) and doesn’t feel as premium.
Unlike the S4, technically as a Droid, the S4 Zoom is a ‘mid range’ device, 4.3″ 540 x 960 dual core vs the 4.5″ 1280×768, also Dual Core (but WP flies on lower specs where as you can still find lag in quadcore droids).
- 1020 better colour replication than S4 Zoom
- 1020 better bokeh
- 1020 can get oversaturated in colours (when it comes to green things though it seems to vary)
- Photos look better on 1020, much better contrast
- The detail of this 41mp pureview sensor – unbelievable
- 1020 shots apparently just look better, having a more cinematic look to them
- Low light performance of the 1020 is apparently much better, 1020 picking up vibrant colours where as S4 zoom is overexposed and doesn’t look as good (somewhat dull)
- props to the S4 Zoom for the zoom bit. The only thing really that warrants such a fat device. The zoom is different for both devices, Nokia’s Zoom is zoom reinvented, being able to zoom AFTER you’ve taken the picture (reframe and rezoom as much as you want). You cannot do this on any other device atm.
- As a whole, Danny feels the 1080p video is better on the 1020.
- 1020′s OIS is apparently better too.
- Finally the pocket test. 1020 fits without a problem. S4 zoom, you apparently definitely will notice the difference because it’s really thick and chunky.
- Verdict? Depends on what you want but 1020 has more consistent shots, Danny prefers the shots from the 1020 than the S4 Zoom. The 1020 is just that good and makes Danny want to take pictures of thigns he doesn’t usually take pictures of. It’s a great mobile camera.
- S4 zoom gets a plus for having android and them apps.
- On checks: Hardware better on 1020, camera better on 1020, screen is better on the 1020 but feels that it is lacking Android.
- “If I had to pick a winner, I’m gonna pick the Nokia Lumia 1020″
The Nokia Lumia 1020 represents Nokia engineering, to make the best camera experience fit in a phone. The s4 ZOOM just kinda feels lazy. Here’s a camera, let’s put android and call capabilities: bam smartphone. Kudos at least for Sammy to understand the importance of the camera segment and push a competing device out there (that’s what Sammy does best atm, adapting super quickly and flooding the market with what they think will be the next trend).
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nokia Lumia 1020 con fotocamera da 41 Megapixel batte Samsung Galaxy Zoom | WindowsBlogItalia | August 12, 2013
- Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom video review | WMPoweruser | August 12, 2013
- Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom video review | August 12, 2013
- Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom – Video Review | September 1, 2013
- Nokia Lumia 1020 im Test | September 27, 2013