On Friday, you may have read that today’s the day (February 1st 2010) at 08:00 GMT that V2.1 firmware update for the N97 will be available.
The software version number will be 21.0.045 (RM-505) or 21.2.045 (RM-507) depending on your region. The release for N97 China 2G (RM-506) will follow shortly. Non-customised versions of the software, with country (SIM-free) and operator versions following over the next few days and weeks.
In addition to usual bug fixes, main changes include:
- Improved call reliability
- Smooth touch screen scrolling << Yay. Good to have kinetic scrolling on paper, but with V20, it was awfully jumpy (especially in the menu)
- Browser improvements << Really interested in exactly what this means. Have they made that ugly toolbar disappear? Perhaps an actual usable zoom function? Improved rendering/flash?
- Music player improvements << Quick favourites/playlists hopefully, slightly revamped interface?
- Improved image and video stability
Initially, the update is only available via Nokia Software Updater (PC). OTA will be slightly delayed as this package is a little bigger than normal with apparently a wealth of new content available.
Maybe this will fix the Hard Reset problem? I can’t check until this evening as I won’t be getting back to Cardiff (and thus a computer!) until then. [update: Oh it's still there alright] [Holy Mooses, I think it is actually fixed. Yesterday I had problems but today absolutely fine!]But you can enjoy the V21 FW update, so get your MicroUSB cable and fire up Nokia Software Updater from your computer.
[This post should have ticked over at 00:00 but Chrome decided otherwise.]
Seems I have some 5 minutes before I leave the house. I’m gonna update