Nokia N5, RM-701 (Nokia 600/Cindy) passes FCC.

| July 22, 2011 | 40 Replies

Engadget has found that the Nokia N5, which leaked a month ago, has also passed FCC, Then named Nokia 700 or Helen, the Nokia N5 is also known as Nokia RM-701, powered by Symbian Belle.

Like her sisters, Helen is one of four new Symbian phones expected to have 1GHz processor under the hood.

Origin of the girl names and my confusion. Nokia 701 is NOT Nokia RM-701

As found in the UAprof

This is Nokia 600, RM-701

Cheers for the heads up!

Source: FCC

Thanks for the tip, mrprince!

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. Vidar says:

I would lika a Belle, with bigger screen thank you :)

2. Gyu says:

Im waiting also for a big screen,ill go for Meego

3. Lloydo says:

Thank goodness they aren’t starting another naming scheme!

4. stylinred says:

i imagine if they actually named it after girls @ retail people would get confused between the devices and updates

5. Usedtolovemeegoandnokia says:

Put MeeGo on it and watch it sell out.

6. Deep Space Bar says:

um N5-00 WTF i thought elop blasted that N8 was the last Nseries smartphone …..FUCKING TOOL needs to STFU sometimes

• ZiPA says:

Elop wasn’t even in the company when the N8 was announced or launched. And nobody has claimed that N8 would be the last Nseries. Heard of a little something called N9?

• Jurgis says:

As I remember, it was said, that N8 is the last Symbian based Nseries smartphone. So it is possible, that it woun’t be N5 at the end, but something different.

7. MIke says:

This is definitely not an N series…. too cheap to be one, duh

8. art_vaider says:

Cheap looking design , small screen …

9. Webby says:

The design of the “sisters” reminds me a lot of S60 5th phones. Maybe all new designs have been transferred to WP7 phones.

10. Mac says:

I’d like to see a leak of this thing running belle with that 1ghz processor. So far all we’ve seen is picks of the phone and belle. Curious to see if nokia got this right or not. If it is anything close to how android operates on say 2.3 gingerbread with resizeable widgets, easy home screen editing, better and more efficient browser, then we really have to ask Elop wtf was he thinking by dropping symbian if it is now more user friendly. Couple that to the fact that symbian has features that android doesnt even have and we have a winner. Find that leak someone!

• jill says:

It was already posted somewhere…’that if you like Android, you will love Belle’

• Mac says:

Yeah i’ve seen that post stated by a nokia employee but have you seen it? I havnt! Thats the problem and nokia sometimes overhype things and in the end we are the ones left disappointed.

11. Amey says:

The pics look like cheap plastic stuff made by a low cost mobile handset maker…….

• asdf says:

I think that is the whole point. Now with Winpho and Meego taking over the high-end smartphone segment Symbian will be changed into a cheaper alternative between them and S40. With a small enough price and Belle preloaded these will hopefully sell quite a bit (before Symbian is completely phased out).

12. aikon171 says:

It’s Nokia 600

13. Matias says:

I like the description of Zeta (Nokia 700): “The thinnest smartphone ev…” Ever? Or ever produced by Nokia? Can we expect 5mm thick Nokia device that doubles as a knife for slicing cake! Wuhu.

14. nt says:

not that much different (in looks)from an XM5800/5230 from the pictures.

15. hackednokia says:

Successor to C7 ?? That device is not half so sexy as my C7 ? I don´t need a new design. I´m sure that a “C7-20-S” for 299,- would be a best seller.

1 Ghz CPU
    512 MB Ram
    Symbian Belle
    ClearBlack-Display

Mercedes-Benz or BMW makes not the most profit. It is Volkswagen with his midrange devices

• Marc Aurel says:

Actually, upon closer inspection I think the successor to Nokia C7 is not this model but the RM-670(?). Jay also says that this is NOT the Nokia 701 “Helen”. This looks more like a successor to C6-01 or even C5-03.

16. Cod3rror says:

Terrible design, look how thick that bezel is, very cheap looking phone. But it’s from a low quality dinosaur of a company, so it’s expected.

Nokia just give up.

17. Janimatik says:

As I wrote to tips, FCC photos + manuals etc. are short term confidential only, available at 18th October 2011.

Nokia World 2011 is 26th of October. Seems that it is for WP7 only.

Symbian Belle phones available already at Q3?

18. Zoedolf says:

How a about a phone around 4″ screen without border on sides and top, the edges of the screen are the edges of the phone, full touch no physical button except power and camera shutter with all the features of N8 with Gigahertz speed and Gigs memory….that would be awsome…it doesnt bother me what OS it will run on…..whew