Leaked: ARM powered Symbian^3 Nokia E6-00 has QWERTY keyboard and new VGA (touch?) screen says Nokia.com file

| January 5, 2011 | 45 Replies

Yesterday we saw some photos from the unannounced, mysterious Nokia E6-00 of which there is NO public image available. Thus, no one apart from Nokia staff know what it looks like, or what form factor it will have or even OS. It’s all just rumours.

This was the nearest thing from rumours that we got about confirmation of its existance. Of course, based on the Nokia House of future and current portfolio, we kinda know about all upcoming models, at least by name.

Adnan has got a cool link for us all. If you check out http://nds.nokia.com/uaprof/NE6-00r100.xml and scroll through the long, long document list you’ll see reference to the E6-00 as well as some interesting specifications.

• User Agent Header: NokiaE6-00/010.000
  • Mozilla/5.0 (Symbian/3; Series60/5.2 Nokia E6-00/010.000;)
  • BT 2.0
  • GPRS
  • EDGE
  • WCDMA
  • HSDPA
  • WLAN
  • ARM CPU
  • QWERTY KEYBOARD with 2 softkeys.
  • 640X480<<This is NOT nHD (640X360!!!)
  • Symbian Powered, 5.2? A google search said that’s symbian^3. Though I could be wrong here.
  • Browser 7.3- I should know what version we’re on but had to google search for browser 7.3. Forum Nokia page says it’s Symbian^3 browser, along with the word “upcoming” but that was back in October. I haven’t been paying attention to browser numbers in Symbian. >>Apparently, N8 and E7 are 7.2 so this is the new browser. E6-00 supposedly the first to come with PR2.0? See comments.

Not sure if it’s definitely touch, but when speaking in December to Eseries Vice President, Ilari Numari, he mentioned that touch was the way things are going. If Symbian^3 it does point it at that direction.

Symbian Powered

So what is the form factor? Slider? Tilt? Candybar QWERTY? Touch Type E72 style candy bar with at least 3″ screen?

- Update: Alberto says in comments that screen is 2.8″, Arm 11. Source, RM-609

from MyDreamNokia – number 1 Nokia E5x – could it be what E6-00 looks like?

Cheers to Adnan for the heads up to mynokiablog.com/tips!

Any other snippets of info? Id search some more but have to get going with revision.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Eseries, Leak, Leaked, Nokia, Symbian

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Nokia E6-00 UserData Leaked | World Of Nokia | January 5, 2011
  2. Nokia E6-00 specs leak: VGA display, QWERTY & HSPA - SlashGear | January 5, 2011
  3. Nokia E6-00 : Symbian^3 powered ARM based QWERTY device Leaked! | SymbianTweet | January 5, 2011
  4. A few good leaks [CES special] | The GadgetBuff | January 5, 2011
  5. Nokia E6-00 incoming, Symbian^3 and QWERTY onboard Cambodia Phone Market News | Cambodia Phone Market News | January 5, 2011
  6. Rumor : Nokia E6-00, Symbian^3 Layar 640×480 pixel dg Kamera 8 MP? | Blognya Adit38 | January 5, 2011
  7. Rumor : Nokia E6-00, Symbian^3 Layar Sentuh 640×480 pixel dg Kamera 8 MP? | Blognya Adit38 | January 5, 2011
  8. E72 und Windows – Zeit für Nachfolger? - Kunden, Windows, Bilder, Wenn, Gleitkommazahl, Nachfolger - Data Travelers-Blog | January 6, 2011
  9. Nokia E6-00 High-End Smartphone: neue Gerüchte zur technischen Ausstattung » Handys - Welt der Technik | January 6, 2011
  10. Ovi Store publishing confirms previous leaks #E6-00 : My Nokia Blog | January 8, 2011
  11. Nokia E6-00 incoming, Symbian^3 and QWERTY onboard - The Phone Nerd | January 9, 2011
  12. Technology Perk » Blog Archive » Nokia E6-00 specs leaked | January 11, 2011
  13. Nokia E6-00 Leaked Specs ARM Processor Symbian^3 8MP Camera QWERTY | January 12, 2011
  14. N8 - I'm all out of love, I'm done. - Page 2 | January 14, 2011
  15. Waaaaa!: Nokia E6-00 Touch and Type, first leaked device photo?! : My Nokia Blog | January 15, 2011
  16. Rumor: Does the Nokia E6-00 look like this? | mobilelivingroom.de | E-Series | January 19, 2011
  17. New leaked image of Nokia E6 – Not as ugly as first pic – S^3, with four homescreens : My Nokia Blog | March 9, 2011
  18. Nokia E6 דלף בשנית, האם זהו מחליפו של ה-E71? | March 10, 2011
  19. Nokia E6-00 Smartphone: Gerüchte zur technischen Ausstattung [Update] » Handys.WeltderTechnik.de | December 5, 2012
  1. Jay Montano says:

ok, back to revision.

2. Jim says:

“640X680<<This is NOT nHD (640X360!!!)"

in the picture is 640×480 and it will be a qwerty candybar phone

3. jago says:

The browser version in the N8 and E7 profiles is 7.2. In fact, the only differences between the E6 and E7 profiles are:
    - ScreenSize: 640×480
    - ScreenSizeChar: 17×13 in E6, same as in C6-00 and C6-01 (3.2″ display perhaps?). It’s 30×10 for E7 and N(
    - BrowserVersion: E6 reports “AppleWebkit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) NokiaBrowser/7.3″, while for E7 and N8 it’s “AppleWebkit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 BrowserNG/7.2.7 3gpp-gba”

• Rant says:

E6 will see a reveal at MWC along with some MeeGo stuff. No actual device, however that is subject to change.
      E6 will be the first device to come with the improved Symbian PR2.0, hence the different browser.

Regarding form factor, the jury is still out on that one. From what I know general consesus is T&T, but there are also some that say it is a slide out QWERTY. However with this profile it most likely is to become a T&T with a very slim form factor just like the E72 and such.

• Keith says:

Actually, if its set for MWC announcement/release, then it’d probably be too late. For the phone, and for the PR 2.0 update. Besides, if Nokia is planning to deliver on time, then they will be coming out with the dual core Symbian power. Some with “true zoom” cameras and such. For this to work, they have to release the E6 earlier (probably around February/March) since the PR2.0 update is very much needed and I don’t think Nokia would take take up till September to actually release that update.

IMO, MWC will be reserved for MeeGo phone(s), announcement of a couple Symbian dual core phones and MAY BE, a new Nokia Booklet or possible a tablet. Although a new booklet/tablet from Nokia is highly unlikely to happen this year

• Keith says:

Looks like I have to log in Everytime I close and open Opera. Anyone know of a way to stay logged in?

• Viipottaja says:

Actually, looks more and more likely Meego device(s) are not ready by MWC and that Symbian is the focus there.

Extremely unlikely that dual cores are ready by then either.

• Keith says:

I have to say that Nokia NEEDS to be releasing (not just announcing) MeeGo products near the MWC time in order to stay ahead in competition. Like one of the earlier posts on this blog mentioned, Samsung is trying to take over Nokia’s position in the next 3 years. I wouldn’t say they will definitely do it but there are some chances of them actually accomplishing this goal if Nokia stays slow in their OS innovation (Hardware was never a problem for them) and Samsung keeps innovating so rapidly – Amazing screens, great, fast, and efficient memory and processors, etc. I’m just saying that Nokia needs to step up their game in the high-end market along with innovating in the lower/mid-end market. Especially by entering North America since the whole smartphone world is revolving around North America (and Europe too, but not so much as NA)

That being said, if Nokia fails to release MeeGo phone and dual Core Symbian phone by Q3.Q4 of 2011, then they need to watch out for competition. 10 million Galaxy S devices is a pretty darn good number……..

• Rant says:

MeeGo for MWC probably won’t happen, at least not enough to put a pure focus on that in terms of handsets.
            If it where so all there would be to see is the N9-00, maybe the 01 as well.

Tablets like the rumoured Z500 and some more from Intel regarding MeeGo is a more believable scenario.

Dual core Symbian handsets won’t see the light of day at MWC yet. First stop is the 1Ghz A8 type of proc’s. DC might happen at NW11 but it is all speculation at this time.

• Rant says:

@Keith: Agreed, what needs to come out this year is at least some 1Ghz 512MB RAM type of Symbian devices with a plethora of connectivity options. HDMI as standard (this will take of, mark my words)

Just to go with the trend, a tablet be it MeeGo or Symbian based. I for one would buy one in an instant. Android is too much George Orwell 1984 to me, iPad too restricted.

4. Wis says:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s a T&T qwerty barphone ala droid pro….

• Viipottaja says:

Most likely a slider, i.e. more like BB Torch.

• O_O says:

agree to BB torch look

• Rant says:

One thing that is a bit weird for such a formfactor is the screen size. 640×480 doesn’t really lend itself for such a form.
        The weird part about it though is that it doesn’t fit in the current S3 line up.
        The screen res. will have the effect that some apps are displayed completely different from the current S3 apps.
        Just as with S60v3 vs. v5. We will see, the wat Nokia currently is doing it’s business I have faith.

5. I am really impressed along with your writing skills and also with the structure to your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it your self? Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a nice weblog like this one nowadays..

6. I’ll immediately take hold of your rss as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Please allow me realize so that I may subscribe.

Thanks.

7. you are really a excellent webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing.

It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork.
    you’ve done a excellent job on this subject!

Here is my site – Grepolis Gold

8. It’s an awesome paragraph in support of all the online users; they
    will take advantage from it I am sure.

9. Chris says:

Que boxtanre entrar nos comentários pensando em ler alguma opinião interessante e encontrar o mesmo, mimimi de sempre!