Something by the name of the Lumia 1525 is heading to T-Mobile. Just a network variant or will there be differences in design? Could it be at least as packed as the international 1520 not like the 16GB no wireless charging 1520 for AT&T? Looking at the comments to @evleaks’ tweet, there was a link […]
Author Archive: Jay Montano
Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog.
Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<<
Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Check out this gesture/swype like keyboard that’s coming soon to Jolla. It’s called Magical Keyboard and it seems to be integrated to the Jolla keyboard. Seeing as Jolla can use Android apps, couldn’t it just install the Swype keyboard? Or can the Android apps only exist within ‘app boxes’ so to speak? The developer is […]
@evleaks previously stated that NOKIA brand would become NOKIA by Microsoft. We were hopeful that Nokia and MS were ironing out branding issues so that we would see the Nokia name in the long run as opposed to being this temporary measure until MS themselves switches to Lumia. Not sure if it’s a little too […]
Here’s Nokia’s (MM) Promo for the Nokia Lumia 930 – the ‘one’ experience with Windows on your phone. Couldn’t exactly work out where this ‘one’ experience was.
Another installment from Hamanoo McDougachi, this time sharing gripes about Sailfish OS on Jolla. It’s always good to have some positive criticisms from people that use your OS. This kind of feedback is great, especially for smaller, more agile companies to quickly improve. There are some issues about having extra, unnecessary steps to do certain actions, […]
This is a quick hands on demo of the Nokia X2′s fastlane. Fastlane stems from the N9′s quick feed that evolved on Asha touch and is now on the X family of devices. So there’s ways to access the same information from swipe down, the homescreen, Nokia X fastlane and the ‘new’ back button multitask […]
Marc Dillon speaks at this short interview regarding the early startup challenges that Jolla faced. Marc said the first challenge was making sure they only got the best people. Next was getting the funding and showing investors that they’ll be creating value. Finally, to prove that a small company can be taken seriously as a […]
With the black circle of the Nokia Lumia 1020 and the design of the Nokia Lumia 930 (though with capacitive buttons) we have the above device. It might unlikely be the 1020′s successor given the LED only at the back (i.e. no xenon). WPDang makes some mention of McLaren, saying that this device doesn’t appear […]
The app, “Warehouse” for Jolla allows for added flexibility on your Sailfish powered Jolla device. Using Patch Manager you have several options in customising your UI. Here you see how to move the shortcuts. Via Hamanoo McDougachi
This is a 6 minute overview and install of Jolla Launcher on this Android Huawei device (not sure which one…P6?). Check out the start up where there are different choices for which launcher you’d use. I think that might have been the first time I’ve seen the the start up sequence. It does kinda explain […]
Another odd promo for Nokia X. I don’t actually get the whole ‘porting’ to Nokia X which is already on Android. Nokia says 75% of Android apps work directly on Nokia X. This must be for the other 25%.
Nokia Cinemagraph got updated to v188.8.131.52. It says that this version has export cinemagraphs as GIF files but I’m sure that’s been around for a while right? (Though not sure it ever worked for me). Music and Video app also got updated as well as the 4Blend HDR app.
Canon PureView? Lumia with Canon exchangeable lenses? MS and Canon sign cross patent license agreements
Whatever this might mean, it could signal that MS is concentrating on even better cameras for their devices, increase innovation and prevent any lawsuits between Canon and MS. The the patent cross-licensing is broad and covers things from digital imaging and mobile. Lumia Canon, BOOM. Microsoft Corp. and Canon Inc. on Wednesday broadened their […]
Here’s a promo for the Nokia X2, which describes being able to create solutions using Nokia X devices. Not only do you barely see Nokia X devices but the device above isn’t even a Nokia X. That’s a Lumia. Unless there’s been a radical new change.
It has been quite over a couple of months already now since the Nokia Lumia 930 was announced. Frankly, I am surprised that it has only appeared on the coming soon pages of certain networks now. It has made a recent appearance on EE’s coming soon pages. It’s also on Phones4U as coming soon. O2 […]